Earn Up to 45,000 Bonus Hotel Points Each Year Through Social Media!
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
For folks who enjoy social media, there’s a fun new way to earn Marriott (or Starwood) points!
You can earn up to 45,000 Marriott points each year by participating in Marriott’s #RewardsPoints social media campaigns. That’s enough for a free night at a high-end Marriott or Ritz-Carlton hotel!
I’ll tell you what you need to know about this deal.
Marriott Connect and Collect Promotion
We’ve seen Marriott offer bonus points for interacting with them on social media in the past. But you’ve never been able to earn many points through these deals.
Now, Marriott has announced folks can earn up to 45,000 Marriott points each year by taking advantage of monthly social media campaigns! That’s enough for a free night at ANY Marriott hotel.
Here are the details:
- Register here
- You’ll earn 750 Marriott points for connecting Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook accounts to your Marriott Rewards account
- You’ll earn 250 Marriott points for following Marriott on Twitter and Instagram
Plus, Marriott plans to launch 3 or 4 new campaigns every month where you can earn even more points!
Is This a Good Deal?
We don’t have the details of the upcoming social media promotions, so we don’t know how labor-intensive it will be to earn the full 45,000 Marriott points. That said, I doubt these promotions will be more inconvenient than last year’s IHG Priceless Surprises promotion. And I considered that an excellent deal! Because I’ll take points any way I can get them. 😉
Plus, these promotions are a good way to keep your points from expiring. Because if there is no activity in your Marriott account for 24 months, your points will expire.
And remember, because of the Marriott-Starwood merger, you can also transfer your points to Starwood at a ratio of 3:1 (3 Marriott points = 1 Starwood point). So 45,000 Marriott points is the same as earning 15,000 Starwood points!
Depending on the days of the week you stay, that’s enough for 5 nights at category 2 Starwood hotel, like the Westin Zagreb in Croatia!
Want More Marriott Points?
If you’re short on Marriott points, you could consider:
- Chase Marriott Rewards Premier personal card – You’ll earn 80,000 Marriott points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. Plus 7,500 Marriott points when you add an authorized user who makes a purchase in the first 3 months of account opening
- Chase Marriott Rewards Premier small business card – You’ll earn 80,000 Marriott points when you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account
Plus, you can open AMEX Starwood credit cards and transfer the points to Marriott:
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express – You can earn 25,000 Starwood points after spending $3,000 within the first 3 months of account opening
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express – You can earn 25,000 Starwood points after spending $5,000 within the first 3 months of account opening
Keep in mind that if you’ve opened 5+ cards from any bank (NOT counting Chase business cards and these other business cards) in the past 24 months, it’s unlikely you’ll be approved for most Chase cards.
That said, the Chase Marriott Premier Business card is NOT affected by this rule! So it’s possible to get it even if you’re over 5/24.
And don’t forget, a friend or family member can send you Marriott points for free!
Marriott is giving folks the chance to earn up to 45,000 bonus Marriott points per year by interacting with them on social media!
You can earn hundreds of Marriott points by connecting your social medial accounts to your Marriott account. And even more points through the 3 or 4 new social media campaigns Marriott will offer each month.45,000 Marriott points is enough for a free night at ANY Marriott hotel in the world (and many Ritz-Carlton hotels, too!). Plus, you can transfer your Marriott points to Starwood at a ratio of 3:1 if you prefer stays at Starwood hotels.
Do you plan on participating in these new Marriott social media promotions?
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)