Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Right now there is an unadvertised award sale for Delta business class from the U.S. to Japan for as little as 100,000 miles round-trip. The best deals are available to Osaka and Tokyo and there is no telling how long these prices will be around. So if you find a deal that works for you I wouldn’t hesitate to book it.
You also still have a chance to book Delta Vacations packages (through December 14th) and receive 20% more value from your miles, as well as up to 35,000 bonus miles (or $350 in savings). Also, the award sale to Europe, Asia, the Caribbean, Mexico and domestic cities is still going on.
|To be notified when the best Delta deals come around, sign-up for our newsletter here.|
Delta SkyMiles deals…
To Japan (unadvertised)
Travel dates: Varies, but good availability from March to June of 2020
There are round-trip coach awards on sale from the U.S. to:
Chicago to Osaka (KIX) for 120,000 miles round-trip:
Seattle to Osaka for 100,000 miles round-trip:
New York to Tokyo for 148,000 miles round-trip:
Most of the best deals are to Osaka (KIX) and you can find some cheaper one-way business-class awards as well. Delta business-class awards vary greatly in price, but one-way business-class awards to Japan can start at 160,000 miles, to give you an idea of what represents a good deal.
Hat tip: The Points Guy
…to Europe, Asia, the Caribbean and more
Travel dates: Varies by route, but mostly Jan. 2020 to Mar. 2020 with some deals extending through early May 2020
Sale dates: This week
There are round-trip coach awards on sale from:
You can see the full terms for the sale here.
Delta Days of Deals
Delta’s newest promotion is called Delta Days of Deals Holiday Edition — and it’s pretty sweet.
Normally, Delta miles are worth 1 cent each when you redeem them for Delta Vacations. But this week only, you’ll receive 20% more value for your miles. In other words, you can redeem 50,000 miles for $600 in value. On top of that, you can receive up to $350 off your vacation, or up to 35,000 bonus Delta miles, for your reservation.
There are several things you need to know before booking,
Get 20% more for your Delta miles via Delta Vacations
- Purchase any Delta Vacations flight and hotel package, with your trip originating in the U.S.
- You must reserve your travel between December 9 and 14, 2019. Travel can be any time
- You must book at least a two-night hotel stay
- You can redeem up to 999,999 miles for flight and hotel packages
- You cannot use this deal for reservations you’ve already made
- Offer isn’t valid with gift cards, ski packages, dive packages, or special status fares (such as companion, agency/industry discount, web fares, senior fares child rates). Also not eligible for groups of 10+
You’ll still have to pony up for taxes & fees. Also, if you book a Delta Vacations package with Delta miles and then cancel, you won’t get a miles refund. You’ll instead receive a Delta Vacations voucher (minus any cancellation penalties).
Up to $350 or 35,000 bonus Delta miles for Delta Vacations
- To earn up to 35,000 bonus miles on your Delta Vacations purchase, enter promo code SMCHOICEB on the booking page
- To save up to $350 on you Delta Vacations purchase, enter promo code SMCHOICEA on the booking page
- Only valid for Vacation packages that include a minimum of one flight on Delta, Hawaiian Airlines, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Air France, Alitalia, Bahamasair, Aeromexico, Virgin Australia International, Virgin Atlantic, China Southern, WestJet and/or their codeshare partners
- You must book at least a two-night hotel stay
- Offer can’t be applied for Delta Vacations you’ve already booked
- No refunds for this deal
- Additional baggage charges for checked luggage may apply, as well as any applicable hotel/resort fees or departure taxes collected by hotel/resort/airport at destination
The minimum package purchase of $1,500 per booking (can include flight, hotel, rental car, and any optional activities). The amount you save and the bonus points you earn correlate to the amount of money you spend on you Delta Vacations package:
- $1,500-$2,999: 7,500 Delta miles or $75 off
- $3,000-$4,999: 15,000 Delta moles or $150 off
- $5,000-$6,999: 25,000 Delta miles or $250 off
- $7,000+: 35,000 miles or $350 off
If you choose miles, you’ll receive your bonus miles within eight weeks of completion.
|Card||Welcome bonus & minimum spending requirements|
|The Business Platinum® Card from American Express||Earn up to 75,000 Amex Membership Rewards® points: 50,000 points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases made on the card within the first 3 months of account opening.
|American Express®️ Green Card||Receive up to $100 in statement credits toward any eligible purchase from Away made within the first three months of Card Membership. Offer ends January 15, 2020. Plus, earn 30,000 Amex Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases in your first three months of account opening. Terms apply.|
|The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express||No welcome bonus|
|The Platinum Card® from American Express||60,000 Amex Membership Rewards® points after spending $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account. Terms Apply.|
|American Express® Gold Card||35,000 Amex Membership Rewards® points after spending $4,000 in purchases in the first 3 months of account opening. Terms Apply.|
|American Express® Business Gold Card||Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Gold Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership. Terms Apply.|
|Business Green Rewards Card from American Express||15,000 Amex Membership Rewards® points after spending $3,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account. Terms Apply.|
|Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card from American Express||15,000 Amex Membership Rewards® points after spending $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account. Terms Apply.|
|Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express||10,000 Amex Membership Rewards® points after spending $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account. Terms Apply.
Just remember, you won’t earn the welcome bonus in time for this particular award sale. Also, Amex only lets you earn an intro bonus once per lifetime per specific American Express credit card, so you’ll want to wait to apply until the rewards card offers are increased and right now none of the Delta credit cards have an amazing bonus offer.
But, these airline credit cards are useful if you want to earn Delta miles and perks on Delta flights (to help combat basic economy), like priority boarding, free checked bags and inflight purchase discounts, then consider one of these Amex Delta credit cards:
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express
- Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card
Featured photo by Markus Mainka/Shutterstock.