Better Offer! Earn 75,000 Airline Miles With This Card
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers. Citi is an MMS advertising partner.
There’s a terrific new offer for the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard®!
You’ll now earn 75,000 American Airlines miles after spending $7,500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. That’s much better than the most recent offer for 50,000 American Airlines miles after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months.
Emily and I don’t earn anything from this offer, but we’ll always tell you about the newest and best deals!
I’ll remind you of what comes with the card and if you should consider this offer.
Citi Executive 75,000 Mile Offer
The $450 annual fee is NOT waived the first year. But you’ll get excellent perks with the card, including:
- American Airlines Admirals Club membership (worth up to $550) – access Admirals Club lounges, and bring your immediate family or up to 2 guests traveling with you. You do NOT have to be flying American Airlines to enter the lounge!
- Authorized users (free to add!) can also access Admirals Club lounges (without the primary cardholder)
- Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit (every 5 years)
- First checked bag free (for you and up to 8 companions traveling on the same reservation) on American Airlines domestic itineraries
- 25% discount on in-flight purchases (like food, drink, and headsets) on American Airlines flights
- Priority check-in, security (where available), and boarding
- 10,000 elite-qualifying miles if you spend $40,000 or more on the card in a calendar year
- 2 American Airlines miles per $1 you spend on American Airlines
- 1 American Airlines mile per $1 you spend on everything else
- No foreign transaction fees
The $450 annual fee isn’t cheap. But if you (and your authorized users) will visit Admirals Club lounges often, or if you make use of the Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit, you can offset the fee.
Plus, folks who are missing Admirals Club lounge access with the recent changes to the Citi Prestige card might consider the Citi AAdvantage Executive card if they travel frequently.Note: Citi will NOT let you to earn the sign-up bonus from more than one personal card of the same “brand” within 24 months. For example, if you’ve opened or closed the Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard® in the past 24 months, you would NOT be eligible for the Citi AAdvantage Executive sign-up bonus.
However, there’s an exception if you’ve had the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® in the past 24 months. You can CAN earn the sign-up bonus on the personal card, because Citi says:
- American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have had any Citi® / AAdvantage® card (other than a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card) opened or closed in the past 24 months.
Here’s a post with more ways to earn American Airlines miles. And check out my series on how to book American Airlines award flights like a pro for ideas on how to use the sign-up bonus!
There’s a better offer for the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard®. You’ll now earn 75,000 American Airlines miles after spending $7,500 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account.
The $450 annual fee is NOT waived. But you’ll get perks like Admirals Club lounge access for yourself and immediate family or up to 2 guests. And your authorized users (free to add) can enter Admirals Club lounges on their own when they show their card.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)