Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select: 50,000 miles and waived annual fee
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.
Citi is an MMS advertising partner.
The Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard® comes with 50,000 miles after spending $2,500 within the first three months of account opening. That’s a significant amount of miles, providing you the opportunity to fly from the U.S. to Europe, South America, Hawaii, the Caribbean, or plenty of other destinations for free.
If you know understand the best use of AA miles, this bonus is sure to shorten your bucket list. Check out our guide for how to use American Airlines miles to learn how you can use this bonus for lie-flat business class seats, a round-trip flight to Europe, free tickets to visit your family for the holidays and more.
The information for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select card has been collected independently by Million Mile Secrets. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select current offer
This card’s welcome bonus is one of the fastest ways to earn AA miles and puts it on the list of top American Airline credit cards, and its minimum spending requirement is easier to achieve than the vast majority of the best airline credit cards. Its $99 annual fee is waived the first year, so you can use the card for 11 months risk-free before deciding if it’s worth the yearly fee.
Here are some ongoing card benefits:
- 2 American Airlines miles per dollar spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- 2 American Airlines miles per dollar spent at gas stations and restaurants
- 1 American Airlines miles per dollar spent on other purchases
- Free first checked bag for you and up to four travel companions on the same reservation (domestic flights only)
- Preferred boarding for you and up to four travel companions on the same reservation
- 25% off eligible in-flight purchases when you use your card on American Airlines flights
- Reduced Mileage Awards – get discounts up to 7,500 miles round-trip on award flights to certain airports
- $125 American Airlines flight discount after you spend $20,000 or more in purchases during your card year and renew your card
- No foreign transaction fees
Read our full review of the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select for more details.
Also head to our American Airlines miles review to learn the ins and outs of the program and decide if American Airlines miles can help you achieve your travel goals. You can bookmark our Reduced Mileage Awards and Economy Web Specials pages to stay up-to-date with popular award sales. We’re all about helping you stretch your miles as far as they’ll go!
You can also subscribe to our newsletter and we’ll keep you informed about all things miles and points.
Featured photo courtesy of the American Airlines media site
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)