Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
This is our permanent page for Choice Hotels sales & promotions. You can bookmark this permanent page for Choice Hotels promotions which will be updated regularly with the most recent offers. So be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss the next one.
The recurring Choice Hotels promotion is back, and it’s worth signing-up for if you’ll have paid Choice stays in the coming months.
Once you register, you’ll earn a total of 8,000 Choice points every 2 eligible stays between February 26, 2019, and April 26, 2019. That’s a nice deal, considering many Choice hotels are inexpensive, and you can redeem 8,000 Choice points for a night at over 1,000 hotels (many locations cost more points, though).
This deal is very similar to previous promotions. It’s a good way to earn a lot of points quickly, particularly because Choice points are otherwise hard to earn. For example, the only flexible points you can transfer to Choice are American Express Membership Rewards.
Here’s more about the promotion and what you need to do to get in on the deal.
Choice Hotels Promotion Spring 2019
You can register for the spring 2019 Choice Hotels promotion here. Once you’ve signed-up, you’ll earn a minimum of 5,000 bonus Choice points and a maximum of 8,000 bonus Choice points after every second qualifying stay between February 26, 2019, and April 26, 2019.
The number of bonus points you’ll earn depends on how many base points you earned from your 2 separate qualifying stays, but you’ll earn a total of 8,000 Choice points after every 2 qualifying stays.
- You must register for the promotion before you check-out to qualify for the bonus points
- To qualify, you must book directly through Choice (via their website, mobile app, or by phone), or through Book by Google (if you add your Choice Privileges number to the reservation prior to check-in). Corporate travelers may book through their online booking tool, GDS, or with a travel agent
- Rates below $40 per night, certain hotel initiated promotions, reward night stays, complimentary rooms, rooms paid for as part of a convention or meeting, rooms booked through a travel agent or 3rd-party online retailer including online travel agencies, wholesale packages, group tours, and stays booked using the employee discount or the friends and family discount are not eligible
- Make sure your rewards earning preference is set to Choice Privileges
- Only US and Canadian residents are eligible
- Stays at vacation rental property locations and Choice Hotels in Japan, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Guyana, and Ecuador are excluded from the promotion
Sure, Choice isn’t the most glamorous of chains, but their points are useful in lots of circumstances, be it a last-minute hotel night on a road trip or more expensive stays in Europe, where you can get tremendous value.
Earn More Choice Hotels Points
Choice is an AMEX Membership Rewards transfer partner, and points transfer at a 1:1 ratio. This isn’t a terribly good use of AMEX Membership Rewards points (other partners are usually way more valuable), but could be useful if you just need to top off your account for an award stay.
Here are cards that earn transferable AMEX Membership Rewards points:
|Personal Cards||Business Cards|
|American Express® Gold Card||American Express® Business Gold Card|
|The Platinum Card® from American Express||The Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express|
|Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card||The Business Platinum® Card from American Express|
|Business Green Rewards Card from American Express|
There’s also the Choice Privileges® Visa® Signature Card, but I wouldn’t recommend it unless you’re a hard core Choice Hotels fan. In fact, it’s often better to redeem flexible points for budget hotel stays instead of locking yourself into collecting points in a single program like Choice.
As always, don’t forget to triple dip on your paid stay by using a credit card that earns bonus points on travel, like:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
- Ink Business Preferred Credit Card
- Chase Sapphire Reserve
- Citi Premier Card
I wouldn’t switch stays to Choice Hotels just to participate in the promotion, but if there’s even a slim chance you’ll have paid stays in the next couple of months, it’s a no-brainer to register.