Best of Million Mile Secrets – December 2016
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
1. It’s the perfect time to earn the Southwest Companion pass, because all 3 Southwest cards are offering 50,000 points!
2. Did you know you can now fly from 6 US cities to Ireland for only 26,000 British Airways Avios points round-trip?
3. Read this post to find out whether gift cards qualify for the AMEX Business Platinum $200 airline fee credit.
And don’t forget, through January 25, 2017, the Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN is offering a 100,000 AMEX Membership Rewards point sign-up bonus after meeting minimum spending requirements. That’s worth $2,300 in airfare!
4. Here’s how to use AMEX Membership Rewards points for United Airlines award tickets.
5. Just because you apply for lots of credit cards doesn’t mean you can’t keep an excellent credit score.
7. I showed you how to select an airline with the AMEX Business Platinum card & why I chose Southwest.
8. I let you know about better sign-up bonuses on these Citi American Airlines cards.
9. The Alaska Airlines and Virgin America merger was approved. And we learned Virgin America points will convert to Alaska Airlines miles at a 1:1.3 ratio.
10. Wondering how to use your Marriott or Starwood points? Check out my posts about great Marriott & Starwood hotels in places like Italy, Tokyo, New York City, Miami Beach, New Orleans, Washington, DC, San Diego, San Francisco, Orlando, Chicago, Australia, and Barcelona.Bonus: I created a step-by-step guide to see which miles to collect based on your home airport.
And I let you know about cheap flights across the US, a Delta award sale to Asia, and flights to Europe under $350.
Be sure to follow me on Twitter and Facebook and never miss another deal!
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)
Join the Discussion!