Best of Million Mile Secrets – April 2016
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
1. I shared the news that all 3 Southwest cards are offering 50,000 point sign-up bonuses., making it a great time to earn the Southwest Companion Pass!
We don’t earn a commission for these cards, but we always share the best deals!
2. The Starwood and Marriott merger finally became official after a bidding war! And now that it’s official, I let you know your Starwood points are likely safe until 2018.
3. There’s a 70,000 Ultimate Rewards points offer for the Chase Ink Plus card when you apply in-branch through May 15, 2016. We don’t earn a commission for this deal, but we’ll always tell you the best offers!
4. I told you about the increased 75,000 point sign-up bonus for the Mercedes-Benz AMEX Platinum card. Even though we don’t earn a commission for it! Because it’s the right thing to do.
5. I gave you ideas for where to use the highest sign-up bonuses ever from the Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express and Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express cards. Including hotels in the US and Europe. And hotels for families and friends traveling together!
6. Are you going to apply for the new SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card from American Express small business card? Consider it if you have large purchases planned to grow your business!
8. I shared my picks for 2016’s 10 best deals in travel.
9. We won’t get commission for it, but there’s a better offer than my link for the AMEX EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express!10. I showed you how to get Big Travel from American Express Membership Rewards’ new transfer partner Etihad.
In April, more readers shared their success stories using miles & points! A Family of 5 Took a Miles & Points Vacation to Paris! And a Family of 4 Got a Round-the-World Trip and a Free Month in Hotels With Miles & Points!And the Hilton status match was extended until June 30, 2016. We’re not sure if it still works or how much longer it might work…but it’s worth a shot!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)