Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
1. 4 and 5-Star Hotels Under $50 for a Limited Time
Here’s a hotel promotion that could seriously be worth switching your hotel stays for!
Hotwire.com is having a sale on 4 and 5 star hotels in major cities like Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, and more! When you book by by June 28, 2018, you can reserve rooms for $49 per night!
That’s an incredible deal, and in some cases means a discount of $200+ per night!
There are things you need to know about this deal:
- Valid travel is only through July 8, 2018
- You can only book 2 nights per account
- You can NOT choose the hotel you want. You can only reserve by district. Hotwire will show you 4 hotels in that area, and you’re guaranteed to get one of those
When I clicked on San Francisco, Hotwire told me that the last person who booked the $49 rate is staying at Hotel Zelos San Francisco. It was selling for $250 on the same night.
If you have upcoming travel to any of these cities, it’s worth a look to see if there are hotels on sale in the area you want to stay. If so, you should cancel any hotels you booked with points and save them for a more expensive trip later!
Note: When you book through an online travel agency, you won’t earn points or elite night credits at the hotel, and your elite status won’t be recognized.
2. Annual $100 Off Saks Fifth Avenue With The Platinum Card® from American Express
Starting July 1, 2018, The Platinum Card® from American Express will give you up to $100 off your purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue each year. Here’s how it will work:
- You’ll get one $50 credit for purchases between January and June
- You’ll get a second $50 credit for purchases between July and December
You’ll have to spend $50+ in a single transaction to trigger the credit. Register here on July 1, 2018, and you’ll be all set!
The AMEX Platinum already comes with a $200 annual airline incidental fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credit per year (with restrictions), and a statement credit every 4 years after you apply for Global Entry ($100) or TSA PreCheck ($85). Along with plenty of other benefits. So this upcoming $100 Saks Fifth Avenue credit makes the card that much more valuable!
3. 10% Off Sale Items at Whole Foods With Amazon Prime
Amazon Prime members nationwide will now get extra discounts when they shop at Whole Foods!
Inside Whole Foods you’ll see blue sale signs, which means only Amazon Prime members will get discounts on those items. And yellow sale signs mean Amazon Prime members get an additional 10% discount over what everyone else is paying for those items.
There are 2 ways to get these discounts:
- Download the Whole Foods app, sign-into your Amazon account, and scan the QR code at the register
- Give your verified phone number associated with your Amazon account to the cashier during checkout
Note: This extra discount is on top of 5% back you’ll earn if you have the Chase Amazon Prime Rewards card.
You can read the details here.
4. Starbucks Gold Status With a Single Purchase
Today only, June 26, 2018, you can earn Starbucks Gold Status after you make a single purchase. That’s an excellent deal, because it usually requires ~$150 in spending at Starbucks to earn Gold Status.
Just make sure you use a registered Starbucks card or phone app to pay for your order. Alcohol and Starbucks gift cards are NOT valid purchases.
Starbucks Gold Status makes it easier to earn free food and drinks. You can check out all the Gold Status perks here.
To make sure you never miss valuable miles & points news and promos, sign up for our email newsletter!