Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
If you’re interested in the The Business Platinum® Card from American Express you can currently earn up to 75,000 bonus points with the card. The points you’ll earn from the welcome offer plus meeting minimum spending requirements can easily get you over $1,000 worth of airfare (and potentially much more), making this one of the best business credit cards offers and a top American Express card.
Amex points are great to earn because they transfer to so many valuable partners. For example, you could transfer Amex points to ANA and book Star Alliance awards from the U.S. to Europe for only 88,000 miles.
Amex Business Platinum card offer
With theoffer on the Amex Business Platinum card, you’ll earn:
- 50,000 Amex Membership Rewards points after you spend $10,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening.
- 25,000 Amex Membership Rewards points after you spend an additional $10,000 on qualifying purchases within the same time frame
Amex Membership Rewards points are popular transferable points to collect because you get the flexibility to redeem points for award travel with any of the 22 Amex airline or hotel partners. And they can be even more valuable when there is a transfer bonus, like the 30% bonus to Virgin Atlantic that’s going on right now. With that bonus, you could book Delta business class awards to Europe for only 39,000 Amex points, which is one of the best ways to use Amex points.
This is a great deal because the points you’ll earn from the welcome offer and minimum spending are worth nearly $2,000 toward select air travel paid for with points through the Amex travel portal when you use the Pay With Points feature.
Plus, with the Amex Business Platinum card, you’ll also get:
- 1.5X Amex Membership Rewards points on single purchases of $5,000+ (up to 1 million additional points per calendar year)
- 5X Amex Membership Rewards points when you book airfare and prepaid hotels through the Amex travel portal
- 35% of your points back for all first class or business-class flights booked through the Amex travel portal using Pay With Points
- 35% of your points back for all flights, including coach tickets, booked with your selected airline through the Amex travel portal using Pay With Points (up to 500,000 total combined Amex points rebated per calendar year)
- Up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year for airline incidentals with your selected airline (luggage fees, in-flight food and drink, etc.)
- Up to $200 in annual Dell statement credits
- Access to airport lounges (Delta, Priority Pass, Escape Lounges, Airspace and American Express Centurion Lounges)
- Bonus points or statement credits when taking advantage of an Amex Offer
- Rental car privileges with Avis, National and Hertz
- Free Hilton Honors Gold elite status (free breakfast and upgrades when available)
- Free Marriott Bonvoy Gold elite status
- Statement credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck (up to $100 every four years)
- Terms apply
This card has a $595 annual fee (see rates & fees), which is not waived the first year. But the statement credits, airport lounge access and savings from Amex Offers can easily offset the fee. And it won’t hurt your chances of being approved for Chase credit cards in the future.
Do you plan on taking advantage of this big offer for the Amex Business Platinum card? Let us know in the comments below.
|For more credit card news, deals and analysis sign-up for our newsletter here.|
For the rates and fees of The Business Platinum Card from American Express, please click here.
Featured image by Wyatt Smith.