EASY DEAL: $20 Amazon credit for spending $50+ with select Amex cards
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
If you hold an American Express personal card, here’s a free Andrew Jackson.
Amazon is running a promotion for Amex cardholders offering $20 in Amazon credit to be used for purchases through Amazon Moments. Slightly restrictive, yes, but you’ll still have no problem redeeming $20 — you can buy household items, kitchen necessities, outdoor products, etc. Think of this as six months of free toilet paper.
To qualify, all you have to do is register here and spend $50 or more in a single transaction with an American Express personal card. Once that qualifying order has shipped, Amazon will email your $20 reward link.
While you can’t by an Amazon gift card to trigger the deal, it does appear that you can buy other third-party gift cards with this promotion: think Airbnb, Whole Foods, Safeway or Starbucks. You’ll just want to make sure the gift cards are shipped and sold by Amazon or Amazon Digital Services.
There are quite a few things you need to know:
- Only products that are shipped and sold by Amazon or Amazon Digital Services qualify towards the $50 minimum spending requirement
- Neither taxes nor shipping & handling count towards required purchase minimum of $50
- You must check out by July 22, 2020
- Amazon reserves the right to claw back your $20 credit if you return your purchases
- Limit $20 per customer and account
- Again, you can only use the $20 credit with Amazon Moments
- This offer must be redeemed through the Shopping Cart — not with 1-Click orders
- Add-on Items require a minimum purchase. See amazon.com/addon for details
- You can’t buy a $50 Amazon eGift card to trigger the $20 promotional credit
This offer is not targeted, so anyone with an Amex consumer credit card should be eligible, including:
- American Express® Gold Card
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
The information for the Hilton Surpass has been collected independently by Million Mile Secrets. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Through June 30, Amazon and Amex are also running a promotion where you can get up to $50 off your order when using just one Membership Rewards point — click here for the details on that sale.
Let me know if you pounce on this deal — and subscribe to our newsletter for more money-saving tactics delivered to your inbox.
Featured photo by Jeramey Lende/Shutterstock
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)