Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Alaska Airlines offers one of the most generous loyalty programs. They publish cheap award flights on many of their fanciest partners, making Alaska Airlines miles more valuable than nearly any other. We love them because their elite status is moderately easy to achieve, and allows you to earn Alaska Airlines miles rapidly.
If you’ve got upcoming travel and trying to decide how to use your Alaska Airlines miles, here’s a deal for you — Alaska Airlines has released an award sale on tons of popular routes starting at just 5,000 miles each way. Some example one-way flights are:
- New York to Seattle for 10,000 miles
- San Diego to Maui for 12,500 miles
- Boston to Los Angeles for 10,000 miles
- Seattle to Oklahoma City for 7,500 miles
- San Diego to Austin for 5,000 miles
- Portland to Orange County for 7,500 miles
- Chicago to San Francisco for 8,000 miles
- Seattle to New Orleans for 9,000 miles
There are tons of other sale routes, as well. You can check the promotion page for a full list. Here are the details:
- You must book by 11:59 pm Pacific Time on December 14, 2019
- Valid travel dates are between January 7 and March 11, 2020
- You must book at least 21 days prior to departure
- Blackout dates are from February 12 to February 23, 2020
If you’re wondering how to earn Alaska Airlines miles, the fastest way is by opening the following cards:
Both of these cards come with 40,000 Alaska Airlines miles, plus a Companion Fare from $121 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from just $22) after you spend $2,000 on purchases within the first 90 days of opening your account. That’s an excellent offer for these cards. You won’t earn those bonus points in time for this particular sale, but you’ll be prepared for the next one.
You can also transfer Marriott points to Alaska Airlines at a ratio of 3:1 — and when you transfer in increments of 60,000 points, you’ll receive an extra 5,000 miles (in other words, 60,000 Marriott points = 25,000 Alaska Airlines miles). It’s worth noting that transferring Marriott points to Alaska Airlines can take up to four days to complete. Read our post on how to transfer Marriott points to airlines.
Let us know if you hop on this sale. And subscribe to our newsletter to stay on top of travel promos like these in the future.