We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Via One Mile at a Time, you’ll earn a 25% bonus when you transfer AMEX Membership Rewards points to JetBlue through November 30, 2017.
I’ll help you decide if that’s a good deal for your particular situation!
Earn 25% Bonus JetBlue Points for Transferring Your AMEX Membership Rewards
Through November 30, 2017, you’ll get 25% more JetBlue points when you transfer points from AMEX Membership Rewards.
Normally, AMEX Membership Rewards transfer to JetBlue at a ratio of 5:4 (5 AMEX Membership Rewards points = 4 JetBlue points). But with this bonus, the ratio improves to 1:1.
Is It Worth It?
This is NOT an outstanding transfer bonus, and is likely only worth it for folks who have a certain flight in mind and want to top off their account. But it can make sense for some!
JetBlue points are generally worth ~1.4 cents each towards JetBlue flights. So with this transfer bonus, you’re getting a value of ~1.4 cents per AMEX Membership Rewards point.
And JetBlue award prices are tied to the cash price of the ticket, so when you find a cheap JetBlue flight, you can expect to pay fewer points, too!
For example, I found flights from New York to San Francisco for just $119, or 7,800 JetBlue points. That’s very few points for a transcontinental flight (cheaper than other AMEX transfer partners, like Delta and Flying Blue).
Want More JetBlue Points?
Link: Barclaycard JetBlue Card
Link: Barclaycard JetBlue Plus
There are 3 JetBlue credit cards you can open to quickly earn JetBlue points:
- Barclaycard JetBlue Card – Limited-time 15,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days
- Barclaycard JetBlue Plus Card – 40,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days
- Barclaycard JetBlue Small Business Card – 30,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days
Note: Barclaycard does NOT usually approve folks for more than a couple cards each year. So make sure there are no other Barclaycard credit cards you’d rather have before you open the Barclaycard JetBlue cards.
Some other ways to earn JetBlue points are:
- Flying JetBlue (you’ll earn points based on the ticket price)
- Shopping at Amazon (earn 3 JetBlue points per $1)
- Travel partners such as Marriott, Rocketmiles, and Avis
- JetBlue online shopping portal
- Enrolling in the JetBlue dining program
And remember, you can pool JetBlue points with your family!
Through November 30, 2017, you’ll get a 25% bonus when transferring AMEX Membership Rewards points to JetBlue. So for every 1,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points you transfer, you’ll receive 1,000 JetBlue points.
But I’d only recommend it for folks who already have a certain award flight in mind.
Let me know if this helps your future travel plans!