Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
If you missed out on the last increased sign-up bonuses with the AMEX Hilton credit cards, here’s another chance!
The sign-up bonuses of both AMEX Hilton cards have increased through October 4, 2017. Including the return of the best-ever offer on the Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express!
I’ve shared lots of great ways to use these cards in the past, like how to get a $1,000 hotel room for $75, 7 secret and fantastic European cities to stay in with Hilton points, and how to use Hilton points to stay in the best US food cities.
Get Big Travel With AMEX Hilton Increased Sign-Up Bonuses
Through October 4, 2017, you’ll earn an increased sign-up bonus when you apply for the AMEX Hilton cards. Here’s what you can expect from each of these cards!
1. AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass
You’ll earn 100,000 Hilton points after you open the Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express and spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account. That matches the highest-ever offer for this card, and is enough for 3 nights (depending on the season) at a 5-star Hilton hotel like the Gran Hotel Montesol Ibiza, Curio Collection by Hilton!
Plus, you’ll get a free weekend night certificate to nearly any Hilton hotel after the first anniversary date of card approval!
The card also comes with:
- Free Hilton Gold Elite status (free breakfast at certain hotels, upgrades when available)
- Free Hilton Diamond Elite status when you spend more than $40,000 in a calendar year (better upgrades)
- 12 points for every $1 you spend at Hilton hotels
- 6 points per $1 you spend at US restaurants, supermarkets & gas stations
- 3 points per $1 you spend on everything else
- $75 annual fee (NOT waived the first year)
- Terms & limitations apply
2. AMEX Hilton Honors
You’ll earn 50,000 Hilton points after you make $1,000 in purchases within 3 months of opening the Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express card. And another 25,000 Hilton points after making an additional $1,000 in purchases within the first 6 months. That’s a total of 75,000 Hilton points!
The last increased bonus for this card was 80,000 Hilton points. But 75,000 Hilton points is nearly as good! It’s enough for at least 1 night at an upscale Hilton hotel. Or you can stay 7+ nights at a more budget-friendly hotel, like the Hampton by Hilton Newport / East.
This card also comes with:
- 7 Hilton points per $1 spent at most Hilton hotels
- 5 Hilton points per $1 spent at US gas stations, US restaurants, and US supermarkets
- 3 Hilton points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Free Hilton Silver elite status (late check-out, 2 free bottles of water, and 15% points bonus on Hilton points earned)
- Free Hilton Gold elite status (free breakfast and better upgrades) after spending $20,000 in a calendar year
- NO annual fee
- Terms & limitations apply
Both cards charge foreign transaction fees, so they are NOT good cards to use overseas.
Remember, Hilton now allows folks to pool points for free! So if you and a travel buddy sign-up for the card, you can combine your points for a more expensive hotel or a longer stay.
Note: AMEX only allows folks to earn the sign-up bonus for each card once per lifetime. So if you’ve received the bonus on these cards before, you will NOT get it again.
And the AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass currently comes with a free weekend night at nearly any Hilton hotel after your first cardmember anniversary. That’s a fantastic perk that could be worth hundreds of dollars.
Let me know where you’ll use your Hilton points!