Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
It doesn’t take much to set up a Capital One miles account because you’ll be able to use your rewards as soon as you register your Capital One miles earning card, like the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card (#1 easiest rewards to redeem!), online.
You don’t need to set up a separate Capital One account – it’s all right there under the same login.
But there are some guidelines you’ll need to be aware of when it comes to earning and redeeming your Capital One miles. Here’s what you need to know.
How to Set up a Capital One Miles Account
First off, here’s a look at all of the Capital One Venture miles earning cards:
- Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card
- Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card
- Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business
- Capital One® Spark® Miles Select for Business
If you have any of these cards, below are the criteria required in order to earn and continue earning and using your rewards:
- You must pay the minimum monthly amount due by the due date in order to continue accumulating rewards
- Most purchases will earn rewards, but there are some exclusions including things like travelers’ check purchases and cash advances
- Your account must be open and in good standing in order to be able to redeem your rewards
- You’ll lose your rewards if you close your account, but there’s no cap on the number of rewards you can earn and your rewards won’t ever expire
Capital One Venture miles are a favorite of many, mainly because they’re so easy to earn and use. The rewards program is about as straightforward as it gets – the miles you earn are worth 1 cent each towards travel charges. There’s no worrying about award charts or blackout dates if you use them to “erase” the travel charges on your statement.
Plus, you now have the option to transfer your miles to 14 airline partners where they’re potentially worth much more toward award travel. You’ve got lots of options!
If you have the Capital One Venture card, for example, just log in to your credit card account and click “Rewards Miles.”
From there you’ll be able to use your miles however you’d like, either to cover your travel purchases or transfer to travel partners.
Again, it doesn’t get much easier than this!
The Capital One Venture – Our Favorite for Easiest to Redeem Rewards
Earning the welcome bonus on the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card is a super easy way to make your travel dreams a reality.
You’ll earn 50,000 Capital One Venture miles (worth $500 in travel) after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account. You can use Venture miles for practically ANY travel purchase, like airfare, hotels, and rental cars. You can even use them for things that other miles and points don’t often cover, like Airbnb stays and Uber rides!
Or, you can transfer your miles to 14 airline partners where they’re potentially worth much more toward award travel. In most cases, you’ll get a 2:1.5 transfer ratio, so it’s like earning 1.5 airline miles per $1 spent!
Interested in learning even more about Capital One Miles? Be sure you check out these posts: