Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Delta miles are a favorite of many because they can be incredibly valuable. Delta is part of the SkyTeam Alliance, which means not only can you use them for Delta flights, but you can also redeem them for award flights on partner airlines, like Air France, KLM, Korean Air, and more.
Plus, with Delta’s Pay With Miles feature, you can redeem your miles for one cent each towards paid tickets when you have certain Delta credit cards. You can also transfer flexible points like Amex Membership Rewards points to Delta. So you’ve got lots of options.
The good news is it’s free and easy to open a Delta account online, so you can earn and redeem miles. I’ll show you how to open a Delta frequent flyer account online.
How to create a Delta Account
Go to Delta’s website
To open a Delta account, first navigate to the Delta website. Click on “Sign Up” on the right upper hand corner of Delta’s homepage.
Complete the registration form
To complete the registration form, you’ll have to enter your personal details. You’ll need to provide info like:
- Your name
- Date of birth
- Phone number
Make sure you enter your information correctly because you won’t have a chance to review it prior to confirming your account.
Once the form is complete, click the “Complete” button to instantly create a Delta frequent flyer account.
Anybody can have their own Delta account, but if the member is under 13 years of age a parent or guardian will have to register on that person’s behalf.
If this is the case, you’ll see the following message pop up. From there you can print out the child’s registration form and either email or fax it into Delta. It requires a signature from a parent or guardian.
You’ll instantly receive a copy of your Delta frequent flyer number online and by email. Make sure to record that number for future use.
You can use your Delta account number to earn Delta miles on Delta and all SkyTeam partner airlines, like AeroMexico, Air France, and KLM.
Earn more Delta miles
If you need more Delta miles, you can earn miles toward award flights with these offers:
Here’s what you can earn with each card:
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card – Earn 35,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Terms Apply.
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card –Earn 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in the first 3 months. Terms Apply.
- Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card – Earn 40,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Terms Apply.
- Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card – Earn 45,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in the first 3 months. Plus, earn a $100 Statement Credit after your first Delta purchase on your new Card in the first 3 months. Terms Apply.
- Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card: 40,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening.
- Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card: 45,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening.
- Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express Card – 10,000 miles after you spend $500 on purchases in the first three months of account opening. Terms Apply.
|For more travel and credit card news, deals and analysis sign-up for our newsletter here.|