Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
In case you missed it, the sign-up bonus for the AMEX Starwood cards has never been higher!
Through April 5, 2017, you can earn a total of 35,000 Starwood points on the personal and small business versions of the Starwood Preferred Guest American Express cards after meeting tiered minimum spending requirements.
Here’s a list of all 49 category 7 Starwood hotels!
Category 7 Starwood Hotels
Category 7 is the highest tier of Starwood hotels and includes some of the top hotels in the world.
You’ll pay 30,000 to 35,000 Starwood points for an award night at these hotels. But you’ll enjoy luxury perks and service, which makes for an unforgettable experience.
For example, many of Starwood’s St Regis brand hotels are category 7. As a guest at these hotels you can use the 24-hour St. Regis Butler Service. And many St. Regis hotels have terrific fine dining restaurants.
However, there are a few exceptions. Some category 7 hotels do NOT participate in Starwood’s award night program. Or they charge a ridiculous amount of Starwood points per night.
For example, all the rooms at the W Maldives are villas (there is no “standard” room). So they will charge you a rate higher than other category 7 hotels that have standard rooms. One data point suggests it costs 95,000 Starwood points per night!
Here’s the list of every category 7 Starwood hotel around the world.
1. North America
- Phoenician Residences, a Luxury Collection Residence Club, Scottsdale
- The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scottsdale
- The St. Regis San Francisco
- Las Alcobas, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Napa Valley – Opening March 30, 2017
- St. Regis Residence Club, Aspen
- The St. Regis Aspen Resort
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort
- W South Beach
- The St. Regis Princeville Resort
- Gramercy Park Hotel, New York, a Member of Design Hotels™
- The Chatwal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, New York City
- The St. Regis New York
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico
- The St. Regis Deer Valley
2. Asia Pacific
- Suiran, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Kyoto
- The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, a Luxury Collection Hotel
3. Central and South America
- Le Roch Hotel and Spa, Paris, a Member of Design Hotels
- Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Paris
- Hotel Sezz Saint-Tropez, a Member of Design Hotels
- Cristallo, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Cortina d’ Ampezzo – Opening June 1, 2017
- The St. Regis Florence
- Hotel Cala di Volpe, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Costa Smeralda
- Hotel Pitrizza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Costa Smeralda
- Hotel Romazzino, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Costa Smeralda
- G-Rough, Rome, a Member of Design Hotels
- Hotel Danieli, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Venice
- PalazzinaG, Venice, a Member of Design Hotels
- The Gritti Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Venice
- Giardino Ascona, a Member of Design Hotels
- Giardino Mountain, Champfèr, a Member of Design Hotels
- Hotel President Wilson, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Geneva
- W Verbier
- The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London – Opening April 24, 2017
5. Middle East
United Arab Emirates
Need More Starwood Points?
Don’t forget about the limited time increased sign-up bonuses on both AMEX Starwood cards!
With the personal AMEX Starwood card, you’ll earn 25,000 Starwood points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. And 10,000 more Starwood points for spending another $2,000 on purchases within the first 6 months.
And with the AMEX Starwood small business card, you’ll earn 25,000 Starwood points after spending $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. And 10,000 more Starwood points for spending another $3,000 on purchases within the first 6 months.
But remember, you’re only eligible to earn AMEX sign-up bonuses ONCE per card, per lifetime.
With both versions, you get:
- 2 Starwood points per $1 you spend at Starwood, Marriott, and Ritz-Carlton hotels
- 2 stay credits or 5 night credits toward Starwood elite Status
- Access to AMEX offers, which can save you money on everyday purchases
- Free in-room internet at participating Starwood hotels
- No foreign transaction fees
The $95 annual fee is waived the first year on both cards.
Starwood has 49 super luxurious category 7 hotels! They’re the perfect place to celebrate a honeymoon or anniversary. And using points can save you Big Money because nights at some of the hotels can cost $1,000+ if you pay cash!
You can generally redeem between 30,000 and 35,000 Starwood points per night at these hotels.
But some, like Al Maha, a Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai, or Mystique, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Santorini, either opt out of the award night program, or charge more than 35,000 Starwood points per night. So if you want to stay at a hotel that doesn’t show an option for award nights, call Starwood and ask about your options!
What’s your favorite category 7 Starwood hotel?