5 Ideas to Turn Small Business Expenses Into a Romantic Getaway Worth $1,000+!
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
What small business owner doesn’t want $1,000 to spend on travel? They’re the most driven and entrepreneurial people I’ve met – who rarely take breaks!
Right now, Chase has fantastic sign-up bonuses on all 3 of their small business cards.
In fact, the 80,000-point offer with the Ink Business Preferred Credit Card is worth $1,000 toward travel without blackout dates or searching for awards. That means you can go anywhere you want! Or, transfer your points to partners for a trip worth much more.
You can also use bonus from the Ink Business Cash Credit Card or Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card for $500 in free travel! Or potentially more when you have certain other annual-fee Chase cards.
I’ll share 5 ideas to turn 1 sign-up bonus into a relaxing weekend!
Check out the Sign-Up Bonuses on All 3 Chase Ink Cards
1. Chase Ink Business Preferred Card
Apply Here: Ink Business Preferred Credit Card
With the Chase Ink Business Preferred card, you’ll earn 80,000 Ultimate Rewards points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. You’ll also get:
- 3X Chase Ultimate Rewards points for every $1 you spend on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable and phone services, advertising purchases made with social media sites, and search engines (up to a maximum of $150,000 in combined purchases per account anniversary year)
- 1X Chase Ultimate Rewards points on all other purchases
- Up to $600 in cell phone insurance when you pay your cell phone bill with the card
- Primary auto rental insurance (CDW) when renting for business purposes, plus purchase and extended warranty protection
The card has a $95 annual fee.
Each point is worth 1.25 cents when you book travel through the Chase Travel Portal, including airfare and hotel rooms. So the sign-up bonus is worth at least $1,000 toward travel (80,000 points X 1.25 cents per point)! Here’s our full review of the Ink Business Preferred.
2. Chase Ink Business Cash
Apply Here: Ink Business Cash Credit Card
When you open the Chase Ink Business Cash card, you’ll earn a $500 cash bonus (50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points) after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account. Plus, you’ll earn:
- 5% cash back (5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points per $1) on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on phone, internet, and cable TV services each account anniversary year
- 2% cash back (2X Chase Ultimate Rewards points per $1) on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year
- 1% cash back (1X Chase Ultimate Rewards point per $1) on all other purchases
This card has NO annual fee.
On their own, 50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards point bonus are worth $500 toward cash back or paid travel through the Chase Ultimate Rewards Travel Portal at a rate of 1 cent per point.
But if you combine your points with any of the below Chase Ultimate Rewards point earning credit cards, your points are worth even more:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: Points are worth 1.25 cents each, making the welcome bonus worth $625
- Chase Sapphire Reserve: Points are worth 1.5 cents each, making the welcome bonus worth $750
- Ink Business Preferred: Points are worth 1.25 cents each, making the welcome bonus worth $625
And, you can transfer them to Chase’s valuable travel partners, like Hyatt, Southwest, or United Airlines – where you can get Big Travel with Small Money!
3. Chase Ink Business Unlimited
Apply Here: Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card
The Chase Ink Business Unlimited card offers $500 bonus cash back (50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points) after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening.
With this card, there are no bonus categories to think about. You’ll earn 1.5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points (1.5% cash back) on every purchase. And there’s no annual fee.
When you pair it with another Chase Ultimate Rewards card (just like with the Chase Ink Business Cash card above), you can access Chase’s airline and hotel transfer partners.
This card is perfect for small owners who value simplicity, but still want to earn rewards. Here’s our review of the Ink Business Unlimited.
Treat Yourself to a Vacation Worth $1,000+ with the Chase Ink Card Sign-Up Bonuses
If you pick up 1 of the cards above and start spending right away, you should earn the sign-up bonus before the end of 2018. That gives you plenty of time for a break around the holidays, the New Year festivities, or the most romantic day of all – Valentine’s Day!
Or, if you want to save your points for later, you could use them for a proposal, baby moon, anniversary, or other special celebration.
Here are 5 ways to consider using the sign-up bonuses from the Chase Ink cards.
1. Transfer to Southwest or British Airways, and Hyatt, to Unwind in Los Cabos or Puerto Vallarta
Hyatt has 6 all-inclusive hotels (2 in Cancun, 1 in Los Cabos, 1 in Puerto Vallarta, and 2 in Jamaica) where you can stay completely free with points. And 2 of them, the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos and Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta, only cost 20,000 Hyatt points per night!
With 80,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points earned with the Chase Ink Business Preferred, you could transfer 40,000 points to Hyatt to stay 2 nights at either resort, and have 40,000 points left to use for your flights!
That gives you $500 to spend in the Chase Travel Portal (20,000 points X 1.25 cents per point). Or, you could transfer those points to Southwest for award flights.
Don’t forget British Airways Avios points! Award seats up to 1,151 miles cost 7,500 British Airways Avios points each way. And it costs 10,000 British Airways Avios points each way to fly 1,152 to 2,000 miles.
To Los Cabos, you can visit from:
- Dallas, Phoenix, Los Angeles, or San Diego for 7,500 British Airways Avios points each way
- Chicago, Portland, San Francisco, San Jose, or Seattle for 10,000 British Airways Avios points each way
And to Puerto Vallarta, you can fly from:
- Dallas, Phoenix, or San Diego for 7,500 British Airways Avios points each way
- Los Angeles, Portland, or San Francisco for 10,000 British Airways Avios points each way
Depending on where you live, you could:
- Pay for cheap fares through the Chase Travel Portal (remember, you have $500 to spend)
- Fly on Southwest after transferring your points
- Fly 2 people round-trip on American Airlines with British Airways Avios points
With the Chase Ink Business Cash card or Chase Ink Business Unlimited card, you’d have $500 to spend toward nights at the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos and Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta. If you have another Ultimate Rewards card that lets you transfer your points, spend 1 or 2 nights (for 20,000 points or 40,000 points), and use the rest toward your flights to Mexico!
2. Transfer to British Airways and Hyatt to Walk Along Waikiki Beach From the West Coast
Folks in these 8 cities can fly to Honolulu on Alaska Airlines or American Airlines for 12,500 British Airways Avios points each way:
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- San Jose
So you can get 2 round-trip coach award tickets for 50,000 British Airways Avios points, which leaves you with 30,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points to spend if you open the Chase Ink Business Preferred and earn the bonus.
And with the Chase Ink Business Cash card or Chase Ink Business Unlimited card, you can use your points for cheap tickets or a couple of nights at a hotel. Airlines sometimes run great fare sales to Hawaii!
Award rooms at the Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach cost 12,000 Hyatt points per night. So you’d have plenty of points to spare for 2 free nights – and stay within a 4-minute walk to surf and sand at Waikiki Beach!
Folks in other cities could use their points to book cheap paid fares. Or, transfer points to Singapore Airlines to fly on United Airlines from anywhere in the US to Hawaii for only 35,000 Singapore Airlines miles round-trip in coach. You can easily book this award directly on the Singapore Airlines website!
3. Transfer to Southwest or British Airways, and Hyatt, to Visit a Nearby City
Here’s one of my favorite ways to use Chase Ultimate Rewards points. Pick a city you can visit for only 7,500 British Airways Avios points each way in coach on American Airlines – then go! I use this calculator to check my options.
I’m in Dallas, so I’ve got plenty to choose from in the middle and southern parts of the US – and lots of beach destinations in Mexico! I could visit:
- Cancun to catch some sun at a warm beach any time of year
- Chicago for amazing restaurants and museums
- Denver to see the mountains, or ski this winter
- Las Vegas to try my luck and catch a fun show
- Miami to unwind at Miami Beach
- New Orleans for hurricanes (the drink!) and Cajun cooking
- So much more!
It’s fun to think about all the possibilities. And I know I could take someone along and get 2 round-trip tickets for 30,000 British Airways Avios points!
With the sign-up bonus on the Chase Ink Business Preferred, you’d have 50,000 more Chase Ultimate Rewards points to book a couple of nights at a luxury Hyatt hotel!
Or book a room through Chase. At the rate of 1.25 cents each, you’d have $625 to spend, which would easily cover 2 (or 3!) nights at a hotel.
Short flights like these tend to be some of the most expensive. So you can save a lot of money with this option!
4. Transfer to Korean Air to Fly Anywhere in North America
If you want to fly coast to coast, Canada, or anywhere in Mexico, consider transferring your Chase Ultimate Rewards points to Korean Air for award flights on Delta – because you can fly round-trip in coach for only 25,000 Korean Air miles!
Delta flies to most major cities. Ideas for a romantic weekend include:
- Charleston, listed the most romantic city in the US by Travel + Leisure
- New York for walks along the High Line
- San Francisco for views of the hills and a day trip to Muir Woods
With the bonus from the Chase Ink Business Preferred card, you and a partner could fly together for 50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points, and pay only the cost of taxes and fees. You’d have 30,000 points left, which is enough for a night at the fanciest Hyatt hotels, like the Park Hyatt New York. Or stretch your points for 2 nights at the Hyatt Place Long Island City, which is only 12,000 Hyatt points per night and right across the East River from Midtown Manhattan.
This strategy could work in nearly any big city – so feel free to think big!
5. Your Choice – You Have $1,000 or $500 to Go Anywhere
Link: Google Flights
We write often about fantastic fare deals. If you find a cheap ticket and a great hotel price, it might be better to book travel through Chase Travel Portal than transfer to partners.
With the Chase Ink Business Preferred, your points are worth 1.25 cents each toward travel bookings. If your flights are say, $200 per person, you’d need 16,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points for each ticket. Even after redeeming points for 2 tickets, you’d have 48,000 points left, which is $600 for a hotel.
That’s a $1,000 trip you could book for free ($400 for tickets + $600 for your room)!
I personally use Google Flights to find low fares. On their site, click “Explore Destinations” and enter your dates to see a map of the lowest prices.
Of course if you already have a destination in mind, consider the sign-up bonus your opportunity for $1,000 to spend toward your getaway.
And folks with a Chase Ink Business Cash card or Chase Ink Business Unlimited card can earn a sign-up offer worth $500 to use for a special trip or break.
Plus, when you book travel this way, you won’t have to think about finding open space in a plane or hotel. Just book your trip and go!
Chase Ink cards give small business owners an opportunity to experience a romantic weekend, celebration trip, or just unwind.
The sign-up bonus on the Chase Ink Business Preferred card is currently 80,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after meeting minimum spending requirements, which is enough for 2 nights in Puerto Vallarta, Hawaii, or nearly any other destination in the US. Or, use the bonus to put $1,000 toward a vacation of your choice!
You can also earn 50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points with the Chase Ink Business Cash card and Chase Ink Business Unlimited card, which are worth $500 to spend on a getaway.
All 3 of these cards and offers can help you earn valuable rewards for existing small business spending! Here’s how to pick the best one for your situation.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)