Last week, the highest-ever welcome offer for the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express ended. Although it still may be possible to get the higher offer if a friend refers you to the card.
The public offer for the AMEX Delta Gold is now 30,000 Delta miles after you spend $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. Plus a $50 statement credit if you make a Delta purchase within that same time frame.
But there’s a way to get a different offer for the card. And lots of folks will consider this a better deal. I’ll show you how to find it!
Emily and I don’t earn a commission if you choose this different offer, but we want to share all the options with you!
Alternate AMEX Delta Gold Bonus
Instead of the current AMEX Delta welcome offer of 30,000 Delta miles and a $50 statement credit after meeting spending requirements, you can find a different offer by making a test booking on the Delta website.
You’ll earn 25,000 Delta miles after spending $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. Plus, you’ll earn a $150 statement credit when you make a Delta purchase with the card within the same time frame.
That’s 5,000 fewer Delta miles. But a statement credit worth $100 more! So you’ll have to decide if 5,000 Delta miles are worth more than $100 to you.
Both offers waive the $95 annual fee the first year. The card also comes with:
- 1 free checked bag for yourself and up to 8 companions traveling on the same reservation
- 2 miles per $1 spent with Delta
- 1 mile per $1 spent on everything else
- 20% discount on certain Delta in-flight purchases
- Priority boarding
- Discount on Delta SkyClub lounge passes
- Pay With Miles (each point worth 1 cent)
- NO foreign transaction fees
- Terms Apply
To get the offer, you’ll need to make a test booking online at Delta:
- Enter flight details on Delta’s homepage (it doesn’t matter the route)
- Select a flight
- Before you pay, you’ll see an advertisement for the better offer on the Gold Delta American Express card near the bottom of the screen
You do NOT have to complete the booking to apply! And don’t forget, AMEX limits folks to earning the welcome bonus ONCE per lifetime per card. So if you’ve had this card in the past, you won’t be able to earn the intro bonus again.
If this offer makes sense for your particular situation, I’m happy to skip the commission from my affiliate link! Emily and I always want you to get the best deal.