Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Here’s a fantastic deal for folks looking to plan a luxury getaway using Starwood (or Marriott) points!
Via The Points Guy, Starwood released its “Paradise is Closer” promotion. And you can get 35% off award nights at 11 different top-tier Starwood hotels, like the W Retreat, Koh Samui, Thailand, The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico, and more!
I’ll share the details of this deal. And how you can take advantage of the promotion!
Save on Top-Tier Starwood Hotels
With Starwood’s “Paradise is Closer” promotion, you can save 35% off the regular points rate at 11 different Starwood hotels around the world. To get the better rate, you must book and stay by March 5, 2018.
But these rates are NOT bookable online. You must call Starwood at 888-625-4988 to reserve your room.
This year’s participating hotels include:
- The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket – 26,000 Starwood points (was 40,000 points)
- Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Paris – 39,000 Starwood points (was 60,000 points)
- The St. Regis Punta Mita – 39,000 Starwood points (was 60,000 points)
- Le Méridien Bora Bora – 39,000 Starwood points (was 60,000 points)
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort – 39,000 Starwood points (was 60,000 points)
- Vana Belle, a Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui – 39,000 Starwood points (was 60,000 points)
- W Retreat Koh Samui – 39,000 Starwood points (was 60,000 points)
- Al Maha, a Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai – 39,000 Starwood points (was 60,000 points)
- W Retreat & Spa – Maldives – 58,500 Starwood points (was 90,000 points)
- The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort – 58,500 Starwood points (was 90,000 points)
- The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort – 58,500 Starwood points (was 90,000 points)
And you can save even more when you stack this deal with the 5th night free when you book 4 or more consecutive award nights!
Is This a Good Deal?
While the points rate at these hotels is pricey, even with a 35% discount, you can potentially save thousands of dollars using your Starwood points for free nights at the luxury hotels. So this deal could definitely be worth it for folks planning a romantic vacation or a once-in-a-lifetime trip!
Want More Starwood Points?
There aren’t that many ways to earn Starwood points. But because Marriott points transfer to Starwood at a 3:1 ratio, you can use Marriott points for Starwood stays, too!
So you could consider getting the AMEX Starwood personal and small business cards to earn 25,000 Starwood points after meeting minimum spending requirements. Or the Chase Marriott Premier personal and small business cards, which come with an 80,000 Marriott point sign-up bonus after meeting minimum spending requirements.
Just remember, Chase will not approve you for most cards if you’ve opened for 5+ cards from ANY bank (except certain business cards) in the past 24 months. And AMEX will only give you the sign-up bonus on each of their cards ONCE. So if you’ve had the AMEX Starwood cards before, you won’t get the bonus again.
And don’t forget, although Starwood is NOT a direct Chase hotel transfer partner, you can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to Marriott. Then, transfer Marriott points to Starwood at a 3:1 ratio when your accounts are linked!
So earning Chase Ultimate Rewards points with cards like the Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire Reserve, and Chase Ink Business Preferred, is another great way to boost your Starwood points balance.
You can save 35% off award nights at 11 top-tier Starwood hotels with Starwood’s “Paradise is Closer” promotion.
To take advantage of the savings, you must book and stay by March 5, 2018.
Using your points at otherwise expensive hotels like the Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel in Paris or the W Retreat & Spa – Maldives can save you thousands of dollars. So if you’re planning a scratch-that-off-my-bucket-list kind of trip, this promotion could be worth it!
Do you find any of these deals inspiring? Share your thoughts in the comments!