Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
You can use Alaska Airlines miles for award flights on Alaska Airlines. Or any of its airline partners, including Air France, Emirates, and LAN Chile!
I’ll explain how this compares with the current offer. And if you should wait until May to apply!
What’s the Deal?
You can currently earn 25,000 Alaska Airlines miles when you’re approved for the Bank of America Alaska Airlines card AND you’ll earn a $100 statement credit after spending $1,000 on purchases within the 1st 90 days of account opening if you’ve never had the card before.
You’ll also get:
- 3 Alaska Airlines miles per $1 you spend on Alaska Airlines
- 1 Alaska Airlines mile per $1 you spend on everything else
- A coach Companion Fare certificate each year (your companion travels with you on a paid ticket for $99 plus tax)
- 1st checked bag free for yourself and up to 6 companions traveling on the same reservation
The $75 annual fee is NOT waived. But the $100 statement credit easily covers it. You’ll also have access to Visa Signature benefits.
This card has a 3% foreign transaction fee, so it’s not a good card to use abroad.
Emily and I don’t earn a commission for this offer, but we’ll always share the best deals with our readers!
Should You Wait for the Higher Offer?
There’s no word on when (or if) there will be a $100 statement credit with the new offer.
So it comes down to whether you’d rather have a $100 statement credit now. Or 5,000 extra Alaska Airlines miles later.
If you want to earn more Alaska Airlines miles, you might decide to wait. That’s because Alaska Airlines miles are valuable for award flights domestically and abroad.
But, you might consider applying with the current offer if you want:
- The $100 statement credit
- To use the $99 companion fare before May 2016
- To check lots of bags on Alaska Airlines flights before May 2016
So consider any upcoming travel you may have. And choose the offer that’s right for you!
Again, Emily and I don’t receive a commission on the current card offer, but we’ll always let you know about the best deals!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!