Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
1. Hyatt Might Match Your Hotel Elite Status, up to Their Highest Level
Via View From the Wing, folks who have elite status at hotel chains including Hilton, IHG, or Starwood, may be able to get it matched to Hyatt’s equivalent levels.
Some folks report getting matched to Hyatt Diamond elite status, their highest tier!
Hyatt asks you to send proof of your elite status at another hotel chain and at least 1 stay in the previous year. Although there are no hard and fast rules about who will get a status match.
They seem to be backed up because of the huge demand for this promotion, so give them 2 to 3 business days to reply. Good luck!
2. Pay 25% Fewer United Airlines Miles for Award Flights to Europe
Via Wandering Aramean, United Airlines is discounting low-level coach award flights to Europe.
- 25% off when you depart Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday (pay 45,000 United Airlines miles round-trip)
- 15% off when you depart Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (pay 51,000 United Airlines miles round-trip)
You must book by December 8, 2015, and travel between January 11, 2016, and March 10, 2016.
Terms and Conditions:
- NOT valid for 1-way travel
- You can return home from a different airport
- Stopovers are NOT allowed
- You can get 25% off 1-way, and 15% off the other 1-way. Discount depends on which days you travel
This is an excellent deal if you’re planning a vacation to Europe with your United Airlines miles. If you have Chase Ultimate Rewards points with the Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Ink Bold, or Chase Ink Plus card, you can transfer them instantly to United Airlines at a 1:1 ratio in case you need more.
And remember, you can pay 40,000 American Airlines miles to Europe this winter, too!
3. Get $25 Back on $100+ at TigerDirect
Folks at SlickDeals report you can get $25 off a $100+ purchase at TigerDirect when you pay with Visa Checkout through December 31, 2015.
The discount is automatically applied when you add $100+ to your cart and select Visa Checkout to complete your payment.
You can use any credit card to take part in this promotion.
TigerDirect sells luggage, toys, electronics, and much more, so this could be a great way to save money on holiday presents!
4. Save $10 on $100+, or $25 on $200+ at NewEgg
To access this deal, apply promotion code “VCOBF15“, then pay with Visa Checkout.
This promotion runs through November 29, 2015, or when supplies are exhausted. So head over to NewEgg and shop soon if you’re interested – this is an easy way to save on gifts for the holidays!
You MAY be able to combine the discounts when you add the AMEX Offer to your American Express card and pay with Visa Checkout to save $50 off $225+. You’ll need to spend at least $225 on purchases, then get $25 off with the Visa Checkout promotion code.
Then, you’ll receive a statement credit of $25 from AMEX Offers. In total, you’ll save $50 (22%) off your purchase!
The Visa Checkout terms say you can’t combine offers, but because AMEX Offers are applied after your purchase, you might have luck getting both discounts.
Let me know if you plan to participate in any of the deals today!
Or if you’re matched to Hyatt Diamond status! Thanks to my Diamond status, my mom and I recently enjoyed breakfast with an amazing view of the Sydney Opera House.
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!