Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
1. AMEX Offer – Save $25 off $200+ NewEgg Purchase (Includes Travel Gift Cards!)
Link: Newegg AMEX Offer
NewEgg sells mostly electronics, but they also offer gift cards to many other merchants. Getting $25 off a $200 purchase means you’re saving ~13%!
Watch for a response from @AmexOffers to confirm the offer has been added to your account.f
Terms & Conditions
- Purchase must be made at Newegg.com or flash.newegg.com
- Not valid for purchases made at neweggbusiness.com
- You must spend a total of $200 or more before by December 31, 2015 to receive the statement credit (it does NOT have to be in 1 transaction)
Don’t forget to go through a shopping portal to earn extra miles, points, or cash back. I check Evreward to see where the best deals are. Sometimes gift card purchases are excluded, but it doesn’t hurt to try!
2. Earn Virgin America Points for Airbnb Stays
Via The Points Guy, you can now earn Virgin America points when you stay with Airbnb. To earn Virgin America points, you must book your stay through Virgin America’s Airbnb page.
New Airbnb users will earn 1,500 Virgin America points for their 1st stay. And 1 Virgin America point per $1 they spend on subsequent stays through November 1, 2017.
If you’ve not a new user, you can still earn 1 Virgin America point per $1 you spend until the same date.
And if you’re a new Airbnb host, you could earn 20,000 Virgin America points for your 1st listing.
Virgin America has a revenue-based award program, which means the number of points needed for an award flight depends on on the cash price of the ticket.
Typically, Virgin America points are worth ~2.15 cents each. So you’d get:
- New User – ~$32 (1,500 Virgin America points x ~2.15 cents per point)
- New Host – ~$430 (20,000 Virgin America points x ~2.15 cents per point)
Terms & Conditions
- You must enter your Virgin America Elevate account number when you make your booking
- Gift card purchases are excluded
- You can’t combine this deal with any other Airbnb coupon or discount code
- Only 1 Virgin America frequent flyer number can be added per reservation
And it’s a good way to keep your points from expiring. Virgin America points expire if there’s no activity in your account for 18 months.
3. Chase Hyatt Bonus Point Promotion (Targeted)
Registration is NOT required.
With the Chase Hyatt card, you earn:
- 3X Hyatt points per $1 you spend at Hyatt hotels
- 2X Hyatt points per $1 you spend on airline tickets purchased directly from the airline, car rentals, and restaurants
- 1X Hyatt point per $1 you spend on everything else
Update: This appears to be targeted. If you haven’t received a mailer (or missed it), call the number on the back of your Hyatt card to confirm you’re eligible for the deal.
If you already use this card often, this is a great little bonus for your holiday shopping! Check out my review of the card.
And read my post about all the other ways to earn Hyatt points!
4. Time on Your Hands? Earn Extra Entries Into New IHG Promotion
I wrote about IHG’s new Priceless Surprises promotion, where you can earn 1,000 bonus IHG points on your 1st stay. And you’ll be entered to win prizes (some of which are worth $20,000+) with each subsequent stay.
According to Deals We Like, there’s an alternate method to earn entries into the sweepstakes part of the promotion.
By mailing in a 3″ x 5″ piece of paper with your hand-printed full name, complete mailing address, day and evening phone numbers, valid email address, member number, the 1st 6 digits of your MasterCard (don’t worry, that will only tell what type of card it is), and date of birth (phew!) you can earn 1 entry into the contest.
You’re limited to 94 entries total (including those earned from IHG stays). And you’ll have to mail each entry in a separate envelope (~$46 in postage).
Odds are 1:1.8 that you’ll earn 500 IHG points per entry. And there are bigger prizes, like more IHG points, stays, merchandise, and trips for 2 to New York, Orlando, and Paris.
Update: Thanks to Million Mile Secrets reader DaveL for pointing out that 1:1.8 odds aren’t that great (~46%). So this may not be worth it.
Here are the terms & conditions.
If you’ve got lots of spare time (and don’t mind investing ~$46), this could be an interesting way to possibly earn lots of IHG points. But it’s not guaranteed!
This isn’t my cup of tea, but it might be yours!
If you decide to enter, good luck! And let me know if you win.