Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
I like saving money any way I can, but many times rebates aren’t worth it! You fill out the form, mail it in, and it’s months before you receive any money (if ever!).
But Staples Easy Rebates makes it, well…easy to quickly earn Visa or Staples gift cards back on items you buy at Staples.
How to Use Staples Easy Rebates
Link: Get Staples Easy Rebates
With Staples Easy Rebates, you can earn gift cards back on products you buy at Staples.
Here’s how it works:
Step 1 – Where’d You Make Your Purchase?
You’ve purchased an item from Staples that comes with a rebate. To get started with claiming your rebate, go to the Staples Easy Rebates page (link) and select where you made your purchase.
Step 2 – Enter Your Rebate Number
You’ll need the rebate ID number from your receipt.
Enter the your receipt number.
You may also be asked for the serial number on electronics. Then you’ll see the rebate you’ve qualified to receive.
Step 3 – Register for a Rebate Account & Confirmation
Create a password to save yourself from having to enter your personal information each time you request a rebate.
Then you’ll see your confirmation page.
This is faster than filling out lengthy forms by hand, cutting out UPC codes, finding stamps, and putting it in the mail!
Plus, I like that you can track the progress of your rebate online.
But you can use them to buy Amazon gift cards or make a purchase anywhere Visa credit cards are accepted.
With other purchases you’ll earn a Staples gift card which is only good for purchases at Staples. Although, you can’t buy Visa gift cards with Staples gift cards.
It’s NOT Always Smooth Sailing!
It’s important to note that sometimes you’ll receive a denial after submitting your rebate online. This is usually due to a glitch in the system. In that case, you’ll have to spend time calling Staples.
Or you can save time by contacting Staples online.
And some folks report this happens to them very frequently. I guess I’ve been lucky so far!
Double, Triple, & Quadruple Dip!
There are other discounts you can stack with Staples Easy Rebates for fantastic savings!
- Staples Rewards – Sign-up for free and earn up to 5% back (depending on how much you spend within 12 months) on items you buy.
- Shopping Portals – Check evreward and TopCashBack for the best shopping portal bonuses
And remember, you can earn bonus points by shopping with certain cards like:
- AMEX SimplyCash – 5% cash back at US office supply stores
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express – 6% cash back at US supermarkets up to $6,000 per year; then 1% (some sell Staples gift cards). Terms apply.
- Chase Ink Bold, Ink Plus, Ink Cash – 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points (5% cash back) at office supply stores
With Staples Easy Rebates, you can earn Staples or Visa gift cards back when you buy certain items. And you don’t have to hassle with cutting out UPC codes and putting them in the mail, because it’s all done online!
While it’s typically a fast and painless process sometimes there’s a glitch in the system with your rebate and you’ll have to contact Staples.
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!