Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, Chase and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
American Express has a new tool to help you match your receipts to charges on your statement. But AMEX Manage Receipts is in beta.
So it’s not available to everyone.
Find out if this new tool is available in your account and learn how it works!
How to Manage Receipts From American Express
Step 1 – Login & Go to the Statements Tab
To get started, sign-in to your American Express account. Then click the “Statements & Activity” tab and look for the receipt icon on the right side of the page to see if you were chosen for BETA testing.
Step 2 – Enroll in Manage Receipts
Select the Manage Receipts icon and click “Enroll Now.”
Step 3 – Add Receipts to Your Account & Set Alerts
There are 2 ways you can add receipts:
- Drag and drop from your desktop
- Take a photo from your cell phone and email your receipt (from the email registered to your account) to [email protected]
Once you’ve added your receipts, you can also set alerts for the last day you have to return clothes, electronics, and other purchases. AMEX will then send reminders to the email address associated with your account.
Terms & Conditions
- Receipts are stored for 25 months after the time of your transaction or when you close your account
- AMEX may remove receipts if they contain viruses, inappropriate content, content other than receipts, if it exceeds storage, or for any other reason.
- Account Managers may be able to view your receipts
- Primary account holders may be able to view authorized user receipts
Who Should Use Manage Receipts?
This is a great new tool for business owners or anyone who needs help keeping track of their expenses for:
- Tax deductions
- Flexible spending or health savings accounts
- Reimbursement from your employer
That said, the terms say AMEX can remove your receipts for any reason and this tool is still in beta. So I do NOT recommend folks use this tool as the only way of organizing their receipts. You should still keep original copies of your receipts or have another back-up method.
American Express has a new tool for keeping track of your receipts. But it’s currently only available to certain cardholders. Sign-in to your account to see if you qualify.
You can quickly save copies of your receipts by taking a photo with your phone and emailing it to [email protected]
This is a great tool that can save you time if you’re looking for a way to organize your expenses! But keep in mind, it’s still in beta. So you’ll still want to hang on to your original copies.