Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
1. Targeted AMEX Offer for $75 or $50 Off $300+ Travel on Any Airline
Via Miles Quest, AMEX is targeting cardholders for a $75 or $50 statement credit after spending $300+ on travel with ANY airline. This is a terrific deal!
You must book your ticket by September 15, 2015.
If you have an AMEX card, check your account to see if you were targeted.
You must book your ticket directly with the airline and enrollment is limited. So if this offer shows up in your account, add it to your card right away!
If you have more than 1 AMEX card, check to see if you were targeted multiple times and save even more!
2. Up to 3,500 Southwest Points for Shopping Online
Link: Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card
Through August 16, 2015, you can earn bonus Southwest points when you shop online through the Southwest shopping portal.
- 500 Southwest points when you spend $125
- 1,000 Southwest points when you spend $500
- 3,500 Southwest points when you spend $1,000
The bonus points you earn count toward the Southwest Companion Pass, which is the best deal in domestic travel! Because you can designate someone to fly with you for nearly free!
And I love Southwest because I can take 2 free checked bags with me any time I fly.
This is a great way to earn extra points on back-to-school shopping!
3. American Airlines Begins Same-Day Changes for International Flights
Good news for American Airlines flyers! View from the Wing reports American Airlines now allows same-day flight changes on international flights for a $150 fee.
Commenters report that the change currently only applies to flights between New York and London.
Before now, flyers could only make same-day changes domestically or on flights to Canada, the Caribbean, or US Virgin Islands for a $75 fee.
This is useful if you have a sudden change of plans and want to take an earlier or later flight. Or if you find a direct flight instead of 1 that connects.
The flight you change to must:
- Have the same departure and arrival cities
- Have seats that match the ticket you bought
- Be on the same day as your original flight
The change fees are waived for American Airlines Executive Platinum elite status members and for certain tickets.
4. 1,500 British Airways Avios Points for Hyatt Hotel Stays
To get the offer, use code “BA377” when you book.
Consider this offer if you do NOT stay at Hyatt hotels often and would rather have British Airways Avios points. British Airways Avios points are especially useful for short flights and for certain flights on partner airlines to Europe.
I’ve stayed at lots of terrific Hyatt hotels, like the Park Hyatt Milan, so I’d rather take Hyatt points!
But if you find British Airways Avios points more useful than Hyatt points, this could be a good offer!
Remember Hyatt has the “Sweet Dreams Sweet Rewards” promotion through September 30, 2015. If you stay at a lot of Hyatt hotels, you can earn up to 50,000 bonus Hyatt points!
Let me know if you take advantage of these deals!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!