Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: This offer is no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
View From the Wing reports the deadline to apply for the US Airways card is April 12, 2015.
I’ve written before that this card won’t be around after US Airways merges with American Airlines. That’s because the US Airways card will be replaced by the Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator card.
So this may be your last chance to get the US Airways card and 50,000 US Airways miles!
Emily and I don’t earn a commission for this card but we always tell you about the best deals!
US Airways Card
Link: 50,000 US Airways miles from US Airways card
You can get 50,000 US Airways miles from the US Airways card after your 1st purchase and payment of the $89 annual fee. But you have to apply by April 12, 2015!
When American Airlines and US Airways merge, this card will be discontinued in place of the Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator card. And it will NOT be open to new applicants!
With the US Airways card you get:
- 2 miles per $1 spent on US Airways and American Airlines
- 1 mile per $1 spent on everything else
- Priority Boarding
- Free checked bag for you and up to 4 companions (domestic flights)
- Companion certificate for up to 2 guests
- 1 day pass to the Admirals Club or US Airways Club
- 25% discount on in-flight purchases like food and drink
Using Your Miles
Link: US Airways Award Chart
Link: Oneworld Award Chart
You don’t have to rush to use your US Airways miles. Because after the merger, your US Airways miles will become American Airlines miles.
Emily and I have used American Airlines miles for many trips including:
The last day to apply for the US Airways card is April 12, 2015.
This card will be replaced with the Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator card (not available to new applicants) once US Airways merges with American Airlines.
And when you pay with your US Airways card through June 30, 2015, you can get 50% bonus US Airways miles on all purchases.
Emily and I don’t earn a commission for this card but we’ll always tell you about the best offers!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 20,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!