Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
1. Sale on United Airlines Partner Award Flights to Europe & Asia Through 2015 (Book by Saturday!)
Mile Value reports, United Airlines is extending their great sale on Star Alliance award flights to Europe and Asia. But you must book by February 28, 2015, (this Saturday) to get the discount! This sale is good for award travel through December 31, 2015.
United Airlines made changes to their partner award chart in late 2013, which increased the cost of Business Class award flights on partners by ~30%! With this sale you’ll save 2,500 to 12,500 United Airlines miles each way!
Important Terms & Conditions:
- Book a Saver Award to get the discount price
- Changes to your award ticket can cost up to $200
2. Save $20 on Avis Car Rental
Via Fat Wallet, you can buy a $40 Avis Car Rental voucher for $20 on Groupon through February 27, 2015, around midnight Eastern Time. The voucher can be used on rentals within the US (excluding Alaska), Canada, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands through December 31, 2015.
Other Important Terms:
- Your rental must be 2 or more days
- 24 hour advance purchase required
- Voucher good for online bookings only and will NOT be accepted in-person
- Voucher can NOT be applied to existing reservations
That’s because this deal can NOT be combined with any other discounts and you have to book directly through Avis. Plus, you’re likely to save more money on your rental by booking through 3rd party sites listed in my Car Rental series!
It’s also important to note that you typically must pay your car rental bill in full with your credit card in order to get primary or secondary car rental coverage.
3. 50% Bonus When You Buy British Airways Avios Points
This is a great way to top off your account, if you want a few British Airways Avios points to book your next award flight. This deal could also save you lots of money on certain flights!
With the 50% bonus, you can buy 9,000 British Airways miles for only $190!
Check out my series on British Airways for tips on how to use your miles!
4. Save 8% When You Book Hotels Through Expedia
Topcashback is currently offering 8% cash back when you book Special Rate hotels through Expedia. There is no specific expiration date, so this deal could end at any time!
5. Visiting New York City? Get Discounted Entertainment!
There are several great ways to save on entertainment in New York City! You can get tickets to Yankees home games for $5 or half price! Individual tickets go on sale to the public starting February 24, 2015, at 10:00 am Eastern Time. Just pay with a MasterCard such as:
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus
- Chase IHG Rewards
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®
You can also get 2 for 1 Off-Broadway tickets when you use code “OBW15W” through March 8, 2015.