Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
I’ve got 10 interesting deals to share with you…
You can get 9% off your hotel room at IHG, an easy $5 from Chase, 3,000 American Airlines miles when renting a car, and save hundreds of dollars at hotels in New York City and Los Angeles!
1. $15 Staples Gift Card With Purchase of $100 Visa, MasterCard, and American Express Gift Cards at Staples
You can only get 1 rebate per household.
However, this isn’t as great as the $20 rebate when you bought $300 in Visa gift cards earlier this year. That’s because with this offer you only get a $15 Staples gift card which can only be used at Staples stores. And Staples gift cards can NOT be used to buy other gift cards such as store gift cards or Visa gift cards.
But the promotion could still be worth it to some folks who buy other things at Staples besides gift cards.
2. Get $5 When You Go Paperless With Chase
This offer is only valid for new paperless customers. So folks like me who’ve been paperless for years can NOT get the $5.
3. 500 Free FlexPerks Points (Possibly Targeted)
Via MommyPoints, you can get 500 FlexPerks points for free when you watch a video on FamDoo. (sign-in required)
This could be a targeted promotion so check your FlexPerks account to see if you qualified for the offer.
Even if you don’t have kids like Emily and me, 500 free FlexPerks is worth a few minutes of my time.
4. Up to 15,000 Bonus United Airlines or Aeroplan Miles
You’ll earn 7,500 bonus United Airlines or Aeroplan miles (up to a maximum of 15,000 bonus miles) for each nonstop round-trip United Airlines or Air Canada flight on the route shown in the graphic below.
But you have to register before your flight and before March 10, 2015. You can register for the bonus United Airlines miles using promotion code “TB9M80”.
You can only earn bonus miles with 1 airline so choose carefully. Aeroplan lets you earn bonus miles on 1-way flights, but you have to fly a round-trip flight to get the bonus United Airlines miles.
I don’t like this offer because you can only get the bonus miles if you buy certain fare classes:
- United Airlines First Class tickets (F, A)
- United Airlines Business Class tickets (J, C, D, Z, P)
- United Airlines coach tickets (Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V, W)
- Air Canada Business Class tickets (J, C, D, Z, P)
- Air Canada coach tickets (O, E, N, Y, B, M, U, H, Q, V, W)
Although, this could be worth it to folks who are already planning to fly between those cities.
5. 9% Cash Back IHG
Stay at IHG hotels can get 9% cash back through Top Cash Back when you stay by December 14, 2014.
This could be worth it to some folks who have immediate upcoming hotels stays and/or are trying to complete their Into the Nights promotion tasks and want to save 9%.
6. Up to 3,000 Bonus American Airlines Miles With Avis
Via Frequent Flyer Bonuses, you can earn up to 3,000 bonus American Airlines miles when you rent with Avis by December 31, 2014, in the US, Africa, Asia, Canada, Europe, and Middle East.
The amount of bonus American Airlines miles you’ll earn depends on the length of your car rental:
- 750 American Airlines miles for 2 day rentals
- 1,500 American Airlines miles for 3 day rental
- 3,000 American Airlines miles for 5 day rental
You have to use coupon “MUAA128” to get the bonus miles. But don’t be as dumb as me when you rent your car!
7. Get $25 When You Spend $200 at Newegg
There are a few things I want from Newegg for Christmas, so I’ll have to make sure Emily sees this offer!
8. 30% Bonus Aeroplan Miles
You have to register and book your flight by January 11, 2015.
9. Up to 6,500 Lufthansa Miles Buying Best Western Gift Cards
You’ll earn 500 Lufthansa miles (up to a maximum of 6,500 Lufthansa miles) for every 75 euro Best Western gift card you buy.
This promotion isn’t much use to folks in the US unless you’re already in Europe where you can buy a 75 euro Best Western gift card, and will be paying for your hotel stay in euros. But it could be useful to some.
10. $100, $200 and $300 a Night Hotels for Hotel Week LA
If you’re a Big Spender, you can book discounted hotels during Hotel Week LA through December 14, 2014.
These hotels normally cost up to $500 a night so you could save hundreds of dollars. Use promotion code “HWLA” when booking on the hotel website or mention “Hotel Week” when calling the hotel.
I’m too cheap to pay that much. I’d rather get Big Travel for Small Money! But for some folks, it’s worth it. So you should do what’s best for you.
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 16,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!