Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: This offer is no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
For a limited time, Barclaycard has increased the sign-up bonus on the US Airways Premier World MasterCard to 50,000 miles.
Previously, the highest bonus on this card was 40,000 miles plus 10,000 miles on your card anniversary the following year. So this is a better deal!
The offer says limited time, but I’m not sure when it will end. But it won’t be around after US Air and American Airlines merges next year.
What’s the Deal?
You’ll get 50,000 miles after your 1st purchase and payment of the $89 annual fee. And you’ll also get:
- 1 Admirals Club or US Airways Club lounge pass
- 1 free checked bag for you and up to 4 companions on domestic flights and priority boarding
- 25% discount on in-flight purchases like food and drink
- A companion certificate for up to 2 guests
- 2 points per $1 you spend on US Airways and American Airlines
- 1 point per $1 you spend on everything else
Remember, US Airways miles will become American Airlines miles after the merger. And existing cardholders will get a new Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator card, but it won’t be open to new applicants.
What Can You Do With 50,000 Miles?
Link: US Airways Award Chart
You can get a lot of Big Travel with Small Money with 50,000 US Airways miles!
For example, you could get:
- 2 round-trip coach class tickets within North America
- 1 round-trip coach class ticket to Europe (off-peak) with 15,000 miles left over
- 1 round-trip coach class ticket to Hawaii (with 10,000 miles left over)
This is the best increased bonus I’ve seen on this card, and probably the last!
The sign-up bonus on the Barclaycard US Airways Premier World MasterCard has been increased to 50,000 miles for a limited time. You’ll get the bonus after your 1st purchase and payment of the $89 annual fee.
This is a good deal, and probably the last increased bonus we’ll see on this card, because it won’t be offered after American Airlines and US Airways merge.
What would you do with 50,000 US Airways miles?
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 16,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!