Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: Looks like the offer is no longer available.
Just write a review on TripAdvisor to earn a $5 American Express statement credit.
There are some restrictions on this offer:
- Your American Express card must be synched (connected) to TripAdvisor
- You can only connect ONE card per TripAdvisor account
- Your American Express card must stay synched until the statement credit has posted
- Your review must meet TripAdvisor’s qualifications and be posted by TripAdvisor
How Do I Get the $5 Credit?
Step 1 – Go to the Promotion Page and Sign-up for a TripAdvisor Account
Click “Join Now” on the promotion page and enter your information to create a TripAdvisor account.
Step 2 – Link Your American Express Card to TripAdvisor
Link your AMEX card to TripAdvisor by entering your name, email, and card number.
Step 3 – Write a Review
Click on “Write Review” and search for the hotel or restaurant you want to review, then click “Submit.”
Step 4 – Wait for the $5 to Credit to Your AMEX Account
That’s it! Make sure you keep your AMEX card linked to TripAdvisor until the $5 credit appears in you account.
It can take up to 90 days for your credit to post, but in my experience they post in a week.
You can still get a $5 statement credit when you sync your American Express card and write a review on TripAdvisor by March 31, 2014.
However, you can only register one card for this promotion.
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 16,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in an RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!