Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: This offer is no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
I wrote about the American Express Delta 45,000 mile card, via the CardMatch tool from creditcards.com, but there is also a 50,000 point American Express Premier Rewards Gold card available!
I’ve always thought that the regular Premier Rewards Gold card which offers 25,000 points was a low offer, but 50,000 points after spending $1,000 within 3 months is a much better deal!
The 1st year fee of
$175 $195 is waived and the card offers triple points on airfare, and double points on gas and groceries.
The terms say: “Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any other Consumer ZYNC®, Green or Gold Card or Platinum Card® account within the last 90 days.”
So you should have been without this card for at least 12 months or shouldn’t have had a personal Zync, Green, Gold, or Platinum card within the last 90 days to get the bonus again.
You should be able to get the bonus on this card if you have the Business Gold card, since you can usually get the bonuses on business and personal cards.
How to see the 50,000 Point Offer
- Step 1: Click on this link to see your exclusive offers from creditcards.com
- Step 2: Enter your name and address
- Step 3: You will see offers including the 50,000 point American Express Premier Rewards Gold & the 45,000 mile Delta offer. The card application page took a few minutes to load for me.
If you don’t see the offer, try using a different browser, a private browsing session, or clicking on “Clear Results” at the bottom of the screen. I don’t expect this to last long, so good luck!
How to Use 50,000 Membership Rewards Points
1. $500 Towards Travel. You could get $500 worth of travel when you redeem points using the “Pay with Points” feature and get 1 cent per point towards air, hotels, and car rentals booked through the Membership Rewards portal.
This is a good use for folks who have little flexibility in their travel plans.
2. Transfer to Airlines. You can transfer these points to different airlines such as Delta, British Airways, Singapore Airlines etc.
3. Gift Cards & Amazon. You can also redeem your points for gift cards, so 50,000 points will get you $500 in gift cards and about $350 in Amazon.com credits. I prefer to use my points for travel, but do the math to see what makes sense for you.
I wouldn’t expect this to last very long!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 9,500+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in a RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another credit card update!