Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Update: This offer is no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
If you missed the 100,000 point American Express Platinum card a few weeks ago, here’s The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN with 75,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $10,000 in the 1st 4 months. (offer expired)
The terms say that you have to apply by January 28, 2013, to get the 75,000 point sign up bonus and use Bonus ID A3P6 (which I’m assuming is already coded in the application link).
The terms also say that the: “Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product or any other Business Gold, Green or Platinum Card® account within the last 12 months.”
You should be able to get the bonus if you have have the American Express personal Premier Rewards Gold and the Platinum card since the terms preclude only business cards within the last 12 months.
$10,000 may seem like a lot (and it is). But do the math to see if it makes sense for YOU to chase $10,000 spending within 4 months when there are other cards which require less minimum spending.
The $175 annual fee is waived for the 1st year and you earn:
- 3X AMEX Membership Rewards points in 1 of 5 categories (you choose): Airfare purchased directly from airlines, US advertising in select media, US gas stations, US shipping, and US hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases
- 2x points in the remaining 4 categories
- 1X points on other purchases
- NO foreign transaction fees
- Terms and limitations apply
Membership Rewards airline and hotel transfer partners often have transfer bonuses, so you may be able to transfer your points to, say, British Airways and get 40% more points.
American Express seems to be running limited time mega sign-up bonus offers, but with large minimum spending requirements. We’ve seen similar offers before for 1 day only, so it is nice to see this offer run for a bit longer.
I’ve always thought The Business Gold Card from American Express OPEN which offered NO sign-up bonus (expired) to be overrated, but a 75,000 point sign-up bonus definitely makes this card quite attractive (if you can meet the minimum spending requirement).
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 8,500+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in a RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another credit card update.