Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
1. ~20,000 Miles for $200. Travel By Points explains how you can take advantage of Wyndham’s promotion between August 6 and October 6, 2012 to get up to 48,000 Wyndham hotel points or 19,200 airline miles.
Wyndham will usually charge your credit if you don’t physically check-in, but will also give you points for the stay (unlike other hotels). In my experience, you may need to call the Wyndham service center to sometimes get the points posted to your account.
So you can book 3 separate stays at a cheap Wyndham hotel, just for the points. Of course, you’re better off if you actually need to use the hotel. And as Jimmy points out, IF the US Air Grand Slam returns, you may be able to earn credit for the US Air Grand Slam as well as get the bonus miles.
2. 1,000 Free Flex Points. In a Cents writes about a way to get 1,000 free Flex Points if you have a card which earns US Bank Flex Points.
3. 25,000 Club Carlson Points. Miles Abound writes that you can earn 25,000 bonus Club Carlson points for a 2-night stay at any Country Inn and Suites. I don’t have any upcoming hotel reservations, but 25,000 extra points is always good for a stay which you already have planned.
4. 65,000 Bonus Hyatt Points. Hyatt’s “Imagine the Possibilities Promotion” is open for registration up to October 31, 2012. You can earn up to 65,000 bonus Hyatt points depending on how many nights you stay. You earn a 20% bonus if you have the Chase Hyatt credit card and you earn 3 Hyatt points per $1 spent at Hyatt with the credit card. It also comes with a category 1 to 4 free night certificate every year, which is usually well worth the $75 annual fee.
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 6,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in a RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!