News You Can Use – Double Points on Virgin America, ~$500 Flights From Philadelphia to Honolulu, and More!
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
1. Earn Double Points on Virgin America FlightsPoints, Miles & Martinis writes that you can earn double points on certain Virgin America flights. To take advantage of this deal, register first. Then book and fly before March 31, 2015.
Check the full list of qualifying fares:
2. Round-Trip Flights From Philadelphia to Honolulu for Under $500
Delta has a great sale on round-trip flights from Philadelphia to Honolulu for ~$484. To get these prices your flight must be booked an completed by March 12, 2015.
I did a quick search on Google Flights and found lots of dates with sale fares.Google Flights shows the total cost after taxes and fees.
Flights from Philadelphia to Honolulu can cost ~$800 to ~$900, so this is a good deal!
3. $20 Off $200 on Hotels at Hotwire
Keep in mind, that when you book with Hotwire you won’t know exactly which hotel you’re booking until after you pay. And there are NO refunds.
4. Virgin America Now Price Matching!Deals We Like posted about a Virgin America’s new “LoveMatch” deal. Virgin America will now price match deals you find with other airlines. This is only for flights out of Dallas through March 31, 2015.
If you find a better price on another airline submit the flight information to Virgin America to request the fare match.
I’ve written before about how to save BIG money on hotels by price matching. But this is the 1st time I’ve seen an airline offer a best price guarantee.
However, there is a long list of restrictions, so it may be tough to find a better price that qualifies.
5. Save Over 25% on Amazon Prime (Saturday ONLY)Travel With Grant reports that you can get an Amazon Prime Membership for $72 (normally $99) on January 24, 2015 (this Saturday).
This is a decent discount. But if you don’t want to pay, you can get 1 year of Amazon Prime with these cards:
- Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- AMEX EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
- AMEX EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card from American Express
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)