Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
BIG SPENDER SERIES:
- What can Big Spenders get from spending on credit cards?
- Sign-up bonuses, cash back, and domestic US flights
- Airline & Hotel cards with bonus miles for Big Spending
- Spend your way to airline elite status
- Spend your way to hotel elite status
- Spend your way to lifetime airline and hotel elite status
- Companion passes for Big Spending
- Transferable or “everyday” cards for Big Spenders
I often get asked what are the best credit cards for folks who can spend large amounts of money on credit cards.
Big Spenders are folks who can pay lots – tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, & millions of dollars – of reimbursable or business expenses with their credit cards and can get lots of benefits such as:
- Elite status without flying or staying in hotels
- Companion passes
- Cash Back
- Bonus airline miles and hotel points (in addition to the miles and points for regular spending) for award stays later on
- Inching their way towards lifetime elite status with Marriott or Delta
What matters to you?
As always, you have to determine your needs and find out what you value most. The only wrong answer is NOT having a clear sense of what you want with the hundreds of thousands of dollars which you can spend on a credit card.
- Do you want to fly internationally or domestically?
- Do you care if you sit in First Class or Coach?
- Do you want to earn elite status in hotels and airlines?
- Do you want to earn as many redeemable miles and points as possible for future award travel?
- Do you want points or miles with just one airline or hotel?
- Do you want to earn points which can be transferred to different programs?
- Do you want Cash back or Lifetime elite status?
Decide what is most important to you and then use the list below to get there! For example, if you want free flights (& you have a friend or partner to take along) within the US, your best option is likely going after the Southwest Companion pass.
In this series of posts, I will NOT list cards which give you extra points for spending in certain categories (e.g. gas, groceries etc.), but will cover that in a separate post later on.
So let’s see what you can get for spending on a credit card. Please remember that many of these cards are NOT good choices if you are NOT a big spender in search of a specific goal.
Over the next few days, we’ll see how Big Spenders can use credit cards for:
- 1. Sign-up Bonuses
- 2. Cash Back
- 3. Domestic US Flights
- 4. Bonus Miles & Points
- 5. Transferable Points
- 6. Hotel elite status
- 7. Airline elite status
- 8. International Companion Passes
- 9. Lifetime Elite Status
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 5,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in a RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another post on how to use credit cards.