Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
INSIDER SECRET: Just a single benefit of this card can save you $350+ if you know how to use it. I’ll show you what I mean!
Sometimes you’ve got to roll with the punches. Or in the miles in points world, roll with the drastic credit card changes.
Marriott recently nuked their old credit cards and reshaped their benefits. Rising from the ashes is the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card (formerly the Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express).
Here’s why the Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card is worth it for many wanderlusters.
Is the Marriott Bonvoy Business Worth It for You?
Apply Here: Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card
The Marriott Bonvoy Business Card comes with a 75,000-point welcome bonus after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
The card continues to hold these benefits:
- 6 Marriott points per $1 spent on eligible Marriott purchases
- 4 Marriott points per $1 spent at US gas stations, at US restaurants, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from US service providers and on US purchases for shipping
- 2 Marriott points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Free Silver elite status
- Free employee cards (See Rates & Fees)
- Free Boingo Wi-Fi
- Gold status after making $35,000 in purchases with the card in a calendar year
- Free award night each cardmember anniversary valid at locations costing up to 35,000 points
- 15 elite night credits every year
- Terms Apply
The card has a $125 annual fee (See Rates & Fees).
With this card, you can now earn a second free night award (for hotels costing up to 35,000 points) after spending $60,000 with the card in a calendar year.
You aren’t eligible for this card’s bonus if you have or have had these cards in the past 30 days:
- Marriott Bonvoy Premier Plus Business Card
- Chase Marriott Bonvoy Business Card
You also aren’t eligible for the intro bonus if you’ve had any of the following cards in the past 90 days or have earned a welcome bonus or upgrade bonus with from any of these cards in the past 24 months:
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card
- Chase Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Premier Card
- Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express (lifetime)
Is the Marriott Bonvoy Business Card Worth the Annual Fee?
Yes! The free night award alone is worth more than the annual fee.
Here are some examples of out of pocket standard room rates for Category 5 hotels:
- Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel ~$350
- Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square ~$320
- Bohemian Hotel Celebration, Autograph Collection near Disney World ~$225
As long as you can get more value with the free annual night than annual fee, this card is a no-brainer. Especially if you’re using your free night at some of the places listed above! I’ve got my eye on the Renaissance Chicago Downtown for August!
Plus, the welcome bonus itself is worth the annual fee many times over. And for stays using points, you can book your stay up to 50 weeks in advance using Marriott’s Points Advance. This is especially helpful if you want to book your stay before you meet your minimum spend and receive the 75,000-point welcome bonus.
If you’re interested in the Marriott Bonvoy Business Card from American Express, you’ll earn 75,000-point welcome bonus after meeting minimum spending!
You can easily offset the annual fee each year just by using the free night award. And if you can spend $60,000 with the card in a calendar year, you’ve got even more reason to keep the card in your wallet because you can earn ANOTHER free night award.
What are some reasons you’re keeping this card in your wallet?
For rates and fees of the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card, please click here.