Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
INSIDER SECRET: If you check bags on even a couple of Delta round-trip flights a year, you’ll more than make up for this card’s annual fee.
The Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express is a great option for small business owners, especially those who frequently travel with Delta. It’s currently offering a bonus of 30,000 Delta miles after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening. Plus you’ll earn a $50 statement credit when you make a Delta purchase in the same time frame.
The Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Card annual fee is $95, and it’s waived the first year (See Rates & Fees). In order to figure out if the Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Card annual fee is worth it in the long term, it’s important to understand how the card’s cost is outweighed by its benefits.
For those who fly Delta often, the Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Card benefits can save you a ton of cash and make your travels more comfortable, without an outrageous annual fee. This includes benefits like a free first checked bag on Delta flights, priority boarding and travel protections to give you peace of mind.
Is the Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Card Annual Fee Worth It?
Apply here: Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card
The Gold Delta SkyMiles business card 30,000-mile welcome bonus on its own is enough to make up for the $95 annual fee for several years, and that’s not counting the fact that the fee is waived for the first year. The bonus is enough for several round-trip economy flights within the US, or you can use them for an otherwise expensive long-distance trip. There are lots of ways to get solid value from Delta SkyMiles.
Alongside the card’s intro bonus, its other benefits make keeping the card a solid bet if you like earning and using Delta miles or fly Delta frequently.
Save Money and Stress With Free Checked Bags, Priority Boarding and Inflight Discounts
Every time you hop on a Delta flight, you’ll feel a little extra relief as a Gold Delta SkyMiles Business card holder. This card offers perks that allow you to have an easier airport and travel experience, and can save you cash.
For starters, you have the potential to save a lot of money if you check bags on Delta flights. With the Gold Delta SkyMiles Business card, you’ll get your first bag checked for free, along with up to eight travel companions on the same reservation. That value can add up fast, saving you up to $60 per person on each round-trip flight.
There’s no need to stress over the boarding process. With this card, you’ll always board with Main Cabin 1 Priority, which gives you extra time to find overhead bin space and get settled into your seat. This perk also extends to up to eight companions on the same reservation.
Plus, once you’re on board, you’ll save 20% on what you spend inflight. When you use your card to purchase food, alcohol and audio headsets on Delta-operated flights, you’ll receive 20% back in the form of a statement credit.
Expense Management Tools
The Gold Delta SkyMiles Business card puts an emphasis on helping small business owners manage company expenses with its plethora of expense management tools. Remember, to qualify for the card, you don’t need to be running a huge full-time business. Side gigs like reselling online or running an Airbnb could make you eligible. Here’s our guide to filling out an Amex business card application.
Adding employee cards and earning with employee spend is easy with this card, plus, you can set spending limits for better control. Account managers can access and manage the spend on the card to ensure that someone oversees company expenses as they happen.
The card also has the Spend Manager feature where notes and receipts can be added to transactions. As a seamless companion to the card, you can easily transfer the card’s expenditures to the company’s QuickBooks account.
Convenience is a clear priority of this card. Online statements, mobile and tablet apps, Vendor Pay by bill.com and account alerts makes using this card simple, especially for a business owner who has bigger things to worry about.
Earn SkyMiles for Delta Purchases and Everyday Expenses
The Gold Delta SkyMiles Business card’s two simple spending categories allow cardholders to earn more miles the more they spend on their travels.
- 2 miles on every eligible dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta
- 1 mile on every eligible dollar spent on other purchases
Think: your money spent on this Delta flight is an investment into your next one, too.
Earning Delta SkyMiles through through credit card spend, plus the card’s welcome bonus can significantly boost your Delta account balance. You can use Delta miles toward award flights on Delta and partner airlines like Air France, KLM and Virgin Atlantic. As a Gold Delta SkyMiles Business card holder, you can also redeem for paid flights at a rate of 1 cent per mile through Delta Pay With Miles. Even better, Delta miles never expire, and you’ll never hit a limit of how many you can earn.
Protection on Your Purchases and Travel
The Gold Delta SkyMiles Business card can put you at ease when you put travel spending and everyday business expenses on the card, including benefits like:
- Baggage Insurance Plan — Pay for your ticket with the card, and you’re covered if your bags are lost, damaged or stolen up to $1,250 for carry-on luggage and $500 for checked luggage
- Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance — Get secondary coverage when you pay for your rental with the card, up to $50,000 for damage due to collision or theft
- Travel Accident Insurance — Use the card to pay for your trip and you and your immediate family receive accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Extended Warranty — When you make an eligible purchase with the card, Amex will extend the original manufacturer’s warranty up to two additional years on eligible warranties of five years or less
- Purchase Protection — Use your card for an eligible purchase, and you’re covered for 120 days if the item is accidentally damaged or stolen, up to $10,000 per item or $50,000 per account per calendar year
- Return Protection — If you try to return an eligible item within 90 days of the date of purchase and the merchant won’t take it back, you may be refunded the full purchase price, up to $300 per item and a maximum of $1,000 per year
- Amex Offers — These are targeted offers you can add to your account to earn statement credits or bonus miles for purchases you make anyway
- Roadside Assistance Hotline — You’ll have access to the 24/7 Amex Roadside Assistance Hotline, which can help you arrange services like towing and jumpstarts (costs for services used are your responsibility).
What About Other Delta Business Cards?
Besides the Gold Delta SkyMiles Business card, Amex also offers these Delta small business cards:
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express — 35,000 Delta miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening. You’ll also earn a $100 statement credit after making a Delta purchase in the same time frame. It comes with a $195 annual fee (See Rates & Fees).
- Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card — 40,000 Delta miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening. There’s a $450 annual fee ($550 if application is received on or after 1/30/2020) (See Rates & Fees).
These cards include an Annual Miles Boost, where you can earn bonus redeemable miles and MQMs after meeting certain spending thresholds. Plus, both cards also offer a valuable Companion Certificate each year where you can add a companion to a round-trip domestic reservation for just the price of taxes and fees (coach flights with the Platinum, and any cabin with the Reserve).
The Delta Reserve for Business card also offers complimentary access to Delta Sky Club lounges when you fly Delta. Here’s our review of the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business credit card and Delta Reserve for Business review for more details on all these perks.
The Gold Delta SkyMiles Business card is an attractive card for business owners who collect Delta miles and like to fly Delta and their partners. The Gold Delta SkyMiles Business card’s $95 annual fee (waived for the first year) is easily justified by its amazing welcome bonus offer and excellent perks that save money and make the travel experience more civilized:
- Free first checked bag for yourself and up to eight companions on the same reservation
- Priority boarding for yourself and up to eight companions on the same reservation
- 20% discount on inflight purchases
- Baggage Insurance Plan
- Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Extended Warranty
- Purchase Protection
- Return Protection
- Amex Offers
- Roadside Assistance Hotline
There’s still more to learn about Delta and its loyalty program, so check out these guides:
- Delta SkyMiles Review
- Delta Miles Value
- Delta Status
- How to Earn Delta SkyMiles
- How to create a Delta Account
- How to Use Delta Miles
- Delta Award Chart
- Do Delta Miles Expire?
- Delta SkyMiles Deals
- Delta Promotions
Stay up to date with the latest on travel and credit cards by subscribing to the Million Mile Secrets daily email newsletter.
For the rates and fees of the Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card, please click here.
For the rates and fees of the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express, please click here.
For the rates and fees of the Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card, please click here.