Worth It? 25% More Points to One of My Favorite Airlines With This Transfer Bonus
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Love flying JetBlue? Good news!
Through October 25, 2017, at 11:59 pm Eastern Time, you’ll get 25% more JetBlue points when you transfer Citi ThankYou points.
Is This Transfer Bonus a Good Deal?
A 25% bonus for transferring Citi ThankYou points to JetBlue isn’t an exceptional deal. And we’ve seen better transfer bonuses in the past.
The normal transfer ratio depends on which Citi credit card you have:
- Citi ThankYou Preferred – transfer ratio of 2:1 (2 Citi ThankYou points = 1 JetBlue point)
- Citi Premier Card and Citi Prestige – transfer ratio of 5:4 (5 Citi ThankYou points = 4 JetBlue points)
But with a 25% transfer bonus, you’ll get an improved transfer ratio:
JetBlue points are generally worth ~1.4 cents each towards JetBlue flights.So if you transferred 1,000 Citi ThankYou points with this promotion, depending on the card you have, you’d get:
- 625 JetBlue points (with the Citi ThankYou Preferred ) = ~$9 in JetBlue flights
- 1,000 JetBlue points (with premium Citi ThankYou cards) = ~$14 in JetBlue flights
That’s a slightly better value than you can get for your points by purchasing airfare through the Citi ThankYou portal, where you get a value of 1.25 cents per Citi ThankYou point. But there are other more valuable airline partners you can transfer your ThankYou points to for even more savings, like Singapore Airlines and Flying Blue.
Want More JetBlue Points?
Link: Barclaycard JetBlue Card
Link: Barclaycard JetBlue Plus
There are 3 JetBlue credit cards you can open to quickly earn JetBlue points:
- Barclaycard JetBlue Card – Limited-time 15,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days
- Barclaycard JetBlue Plus Card – 40,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days
- Barclaycard JetBlue Small Business Card – 30,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days
Some other ways to earn JetBlue points are:
- Flying JetBlue (you’ll earn points based on the ticket price)
- Shopping at Amazon (earn 3 JetBlue points per $1)
- Travel partners such as Marriott, Rocketmiles, and Avis
- JetBlue online shopping portal
- Enrolling in the JetBlue dining program
And remember, you can pool JetBlue points with your family!
You’ll earn a 25% bonus when you transfer Citi ThankYou points to JetBlue through October 25, 2017.
I don’t usually recommend transferring Citi ThankYou points to JetBlue unless you have a specific flight in mind. But with this promotion, you’ll get more value from your points than you would by booking paid flights with Citi ThankYou points directly through the Citi ThankYou Travel Portal.
Is this deal good enough to convince you to transfer Citi ThankYou points to JetBlue?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)