Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Via Miles to Memories, Virgin America is having a sale to celebrate being voted the top airline by Conde Nast. And because it has merged with Alaska Airlines, you can find these low fares through the Alaska Airlines website! And travel for less to spots like Seattle, Hawaii, Alaska, Washington, DC, and more!
I found flights from San Diego to San Francisco for $54 one-way in coach. And from Oakland to Maui for $179 one-way in coach.
The sale ends October 18, 2017 (tomorrow!), so book these deals as soon as you can!
Here are the details. And how to search for deals from your city!
How to Book It
Through October 18, 2017 (tomorrow!), you can buy select Alaska Airlines or Virgin America flights for as low as $37 one-way, though most fares are higher. For example, I found a flight from Boston to San Francisco for $139 one-way in coach on November 1, 2017.
Here are the details:
- Sale ends at 11:59 pm Pacific Time on October 18, 2017
- You must book travel at least 14 days in advance
- Valid for travel Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays, between November 1, 2017, and December 13, 2017 (excluding travel to Cuba, Mexico, and Costa Rica, that’s valid Sundays through Wednesdays during the same time period)
- Sale applies to non-stop flights only
- Blackout dates between November 16, 2017, and November 28, 2017
- Tickets are non-refundable and are only available on flights marketed by Alaska Airlines for travel on Alaska Airlines, Virgin America, Horizon Air, SkyWest, and PenAir
If you book a ticket with an online travel agency like Orbitz, Expedia, or Priceline you may be eligible for a refund within a short time of booking your ticket. Check out my post on cancellation policies for airlines and online travel agencies for more details!
If you book a sale flight, remember there are lots of ways to get cheap or free hotel rooms with points from credit card bonuses and spending.
Remember, you can transfer flexible points like Chase Ultimate Rewards or American Express Membership Rewards to different hotel programs.
Note: If you prefer to book paid stays, check out discount sites like Orbitz, Expedia, or TravelPony for deals. But remember you won’t get stay credits or points (and might not have your elite status recognized!).
Airbnb is another terrific way to save money on accommodations, especially for longer stays. Here are some tips on how to negotiate a better Airbnb price, and how to find a safe and comfortable Airbnb.