Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Here’s an opportunity to save money if you’re planning a trip to Orlando!
On April 12, 2016, at 1:00 pm Eastern Time, you can buy discounted Universal Orlando park admission tickets, VIP tickets, and vacation packages through Daily Getaways. But they’re not a good deal for everyone!
There are limited numbers of these packages available, and they usually sell out fast. So set a reminder if you’re interested in these deals.
Let’s see what you can get!
Save at Universal Orlando!
Link: Daily Getaways
Daily Getaways is a yearly promotion run by the US Travel Association. Each weekday between April 4, 2016, and May 6, 2016, they’ll offer discounts on hotel points, travel packages, theme park tickets, and more!
On April 12, 2016, at 1:00 pm Eastern Time, they’ll have 3 Universal Orlando packages on sale.
1. Universal Orlando Resort Four 3-Day Tickets
Taking the family to Orlando? You can buy a discounted package of four 3-day park-to-park admission tickets to Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
This package costs $850 and there are only 34 available.
The gate price for these tickets (4 adults) is ~$1,000, so you’ll save ~$150.
However, if you purchase tickets in advance on the Universal Orlando website, you’ll pay ~$920 for the same package. So with Daily Getaways, you’re really only saving ~$70.
And I found even cheaper tickets on Undercovertourist.com. There, you’ll pay ~$908 for 4 adult 3-day park-to-park tickets. The price drops to ~$888 for 2 adults and 2 children.
So while you’ll still save a bit of money, this is NOT an amazing deal.
These tickets are valid for 3 separate days within a 14 consecutive day period. And they expire May 26, 2017.
And when you purchase the tickets, you’ll be given the name of a Universal representative to contact to coordinate ticket pick-up. You must provide at least 14 days notice.
For Folks in Florida…
Keep in mind, Florida residents get discounted tickets that are cheaper than the Daily Getaways offer. So if you’re a Floridian, do NOT do this deal!
2. Universal Orlando Resort Private VIP Experience
This deal is very limited because there is only ONE available. For $3,500, you can buy a private VIP 1-day tour of both Universal Orlando parks for up to 12 people.
The Daily Getaways site values this deal at $6,619, so you’re saving $3,119. There’s no way to compare to pricing on the Universal website though, because they don’t list a price online.
This package also includes:
- One-day admission to both parks for up to 12 people
- Universal Express priority entry into rides and attractions (skip the lines)
- Complimentary valet parking (for up to 12 cars) and continental breakfast upon check-in.
- VIP Experience credentials and lanyards.
- Lunch at 1 of the park’s full service restaurants
- Savings on food and merchandise
To redeem this package, you’ll be given the name of a Universal representative who’ll co-ordinate your visit, which must occur before May 26, 2017. A minimum of 30 days notice is required.
I wouldn’t hold my breath for getting this deal because it’s very unlikely you’ll get it. But it’s fun to imagine a splurge!
3. Universal Orlando Resort Vacation Package
This could be an outstanding deal for some, if you’re 1 of the 10 lucky folks to snag one! For $2,397, you can buy a package that includes round-trip coach airfare, 3 nights hotel accommodation, and 3-day admission to both Universal parks for 4 people.
With this package, you’ll get:
- Round-trip, coach air transportation from the major airport closest to your home to Orlando
- Hotel accommodations (room and taxes) for 4 people in 1 standard room at either Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort or Loews Sapphire Falls Resort at Universal Orlando (opening July 2016), for 4 consecutive days and 3 nights
- Round-trip ground transportation between the airport in Orlando and your hotel
- Complimentary 3-day park admission for 4 people to both Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme parks
Park tickets alone can cost up to ~$1,000 for 4 people. And a 3-night stay could cost ~$450 to ~$650, depending on the hotel and your travel dates.
The cost of round-trip airfare for 4 to Orlando varies greatly depending on which airport you fly from. So do the math on this deal to make sure it’s worth it for you.
It may be cheaper to book airfare (or fly on points!) separately, a hotel of your choice, and park tickets.
If you purchase a package, you must give at least 60 days advance notice to book your travel. And there are numerous blackout dates, many around popular travel periods. So read the fine print!
And your travel must be completed by May 26, 2017.
Other Daily Getaways Deals to Consider
There are lots of deals to choose from this year, including:
- Save 50% (or More!) at Choice Hotels With Daily Getaways Travel Deals
- Get Half Off Busch Gardens and SeaWorld Theme Park Admission With Daily Getaways
- Save 50% on IHG Points With Daily Getaways for Cheap Award Stays
- Buy Discounted Best Western Points With Daily Getaways and Save Big Money
- Save Big in Vegas With Daily Getaways, but Be Ready to Act Fast
I’ll let you know which deals are worth it. And which to skip!
These aren’t a good deal for everyone. Some folks can get similarly-priced or cheaper park admission tickets elsewhere. And the vacation package is only a good deal if airfare from your home airport is expensive.
Do the math to see if it works for you before you commit. Remember, these deals usually sell out very quickly, so set a reminder if you’re planning to buy a package!