Round-Trip Fares to Europe for Under $300, Negative Changes Coming to This Amazing Card, and $50 Back on $200+ in Hotel Bookings
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Jason: There are some cheap fares to share with you today! I don’t expect these to last long. So if you’ve already missed the deals, be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook, so you don’t have to miss the next one!
1. Unbelievable $263 San Francisco to London Fare & Other Cheap Tickets From the US to Europe!
Via God Save the Points, there are some incredibly cheap fares to Europe.
You’ll have to look up these fares on Google Flights. And it looks like the best deals are from September to December 2018, on United Airlines, Swiss, Icelandair, and Iberia.
But, thankfully, God Save the Points did a great job creating some handy Google Flights links to the best deals! The lowest fares seem to be on Icelandair to London, including this $263 round-trip flight which includes a carry-on bag and seat selection!
But you can also grab some sweet deals to Paris or London from these cities:
- Washington, DC to London $318
- Boston to London $324
- New York to Paris $369
- Seattle to London $369
- Miami to Paris $461
- Chicago to London $462
If you jump on any of these deals, remember Icelandair allows free stopovers in Iceland!
2. AMEX Offer $50 Back on a $200 Hotel Booking
Link: Tripfuel.com AMEX Offer
AMEX Offers are a fantastic way to save money on everyday purchases. They’re targeted statement credits or bonus points that only folks with American Express cards receive, for things like shopping, travel, and dining.
The offer is valid until November 14, 2018, and once you add the offer to your card you’ll have to book through this link.
Don’t forget that when you book through a 3rd-party site, like Tripfuel, you won’t earn elite night credits, hotel points, or be able to take advantage of hotel elite status benefits (typically).
AMEX Offers are targeted, so check your American Express cards to see if you’re eligible!
3. Alaska Airlines Award Sale Starting at 5,000 Alaska Airlines Miles!
Alaska Airlines is having an award sale on 6 routes, starting at 5,000 Alaska Airlines miles! You must book by 11:59 PM Pacific Time on May 24, 2018. The deal is valid for travel between September 5 and November 7, 2018. Restrictions and blackout dates apply.
You can fly for the following prices on these flights:
- Pittsburgh to Seattle for 5,000 Alaska Airlines miles + $6 in taxes and fees
- Seattle to Dallas for 9,000 Alaska Airlines miles + $6 in taxes and fees
- San Francisco to Raleigh-Durham for 10,000 Alaska Airlines miles + $6 in taxes and fees
- Seattle to Anchorage for 10,000 Alaska Airlines miles + $6 in taxes and fees
- San Francisco to Washington, DC for 12,500 Alaska Airlines miles + $6 in taxes and fees
- Seattle to Kauai for 15,000 Alaska Airlines miles + $6 in taxes and fees
Depending on where you’re flying, you can save a bunch of miles! For example, a flight from Pittsburgh to Seattle normally costs 12,500 miles. And Seattle to Dallas normally costs 10,000 miles.
4. Confirmed: Changes Coming to the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card in August
The rumored negative changes coming to the Chase Sapphire Reserve card have been confirmed. Today, Chase sent an email out to cardholders confirming that as of August 26, 2018, the following benefits will change:
- Your Priority Pass Membership will allow up to 2 free guests, and $27 per additional guest (no longer an unlimited number of guests)
- No Price Protection
- You will no longer earn rewards on purchases that qualify for the $300 travel credit
The biggest change here is limiting your Priority Pass guest privileges to only 2 people. That’s going to hurt folks who used it for family travel. But it should, hopefully, lead to less crowding in Priority Pass lounges.
And don’t forget, you can still add authorized users to your Chase Sapphire Reserve for $75, and they’ll get their own Priority Pass membership and the ability to bring 2 guests!
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)