Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
1. Delta Award Sales
Through July 3, 2018, you can book discounted Delta award seats to Asia Pacific! Flights start at 40,000 miles round-trip in coach.
- Portland to Shanghai costs 40,000 Delta miles round-trip
- Salt Lake City to Beijing costs 40,000 Delta miles round-trip
- Minneapolis to Tokyo costs 60,000 Delta miles round-trip
- Los Angeles to Seoul costs 64,000 Delta miles round-trip
These are big discounts compared to the price you’ll pay with other airlines. United Airlines charges 70,000 miles for a round-trip coach ticket from Portland to Shanghai.
Valid travel dates are between September 4 and December 13, 2018. You must stay a minimum of 10 days.
There are also plenty of other Delta sales for last-minute July 4th travel:
- New York (JFK) to Portland, Maine costs 14,000 Delta miles round-trip
- Boston to Charleston costs 22,000 Delta miles round-trip
- Los Angeles to Denver costs 23,000 Delta miles round-trip
- Indianapolis to Orlando costs 24,000 Delta miles round-trip
Valid travel dates are between July 1 and July 7, 2018. You must stay a minimum of 3 days.
2. Early Enrollment Open for Saks Fifth Avenue Credit With The Platinum Card® from American Express
American Express announced that folks with The Platinum Card® from American Express would be able to register for a $100 statement credit from Saks Fifth Avenue beginning July 1, 2018. But it looks like you can register a couple days early!
You’ll get one $50 credit for purchases between January and June And a second $50 credit for purchases between July and December. You’ll have to spend $50+ in a single transaction to trigger the credit.
Unfortunately, you can NOT use the benefit until July 1, 2018. So you won’t be able to earn a $50 statement credit for purchases between January and June this year. Go here to register!