News You Can Use – Up to 8,000 Choice Points, 3,000 Wyndham Points, 4X Southwest Points, & More!
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
1. Earn Up to 8,000 Bonus Points After 2 Choice Hotel Stays
There are different booking requirements based on your status with Choice hotels. Corporate travelers can book through a travel agent or corporate online booking system.
There is NO limit to the number of bonus Choice points you can earn.
This deal is open to folks who have an address in the US or Canada.
Choice defines trips as:
1+ consecutive nights at Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Cambria hotels & suites or Ascend Hotel Collection hotels ‘Trip’ = 2+ consecutive nights at Econo Lodge, Rodeway Inn®, Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, or MainStay Suites hotels
NOTE: Consecutive nights at 1 hotel only count as 1 trip, regardless of check-ins or check-outs.
So a trip at some hotels means 1 or more consecutive nights and at others it means 2 or more consecutive nights.
This is a good deal for folks who already have plans to stay at Choice Hotels.
8,000 Choice Hotel points is enough for a $50 gift card through October 31, 2015, for places such as:
I prefer to transfer Choice Hotel points to Southwest because it’s an easy way to earn extra points towards the Southwest Companion Pass. 6,000 Choice Hotel points will give you 1,800 Southwest points.
2. 3,000 Wyndham Points for 1 StayDeals We Like reports you can earn 3,000 Wyndham bonus points with your 1st qualified stay at Wyndham hotels by September 14, 2015.
You must register by September 7, 2015.
Your total room rate for your stay should be at least $25 to qualify. And you will NOT earn the bonus points if your preferences are set to airline miles or rail points.
Super 8 hotels in China are NOT participating.
You can now book ANY Wyndham hotel for 15,000 points! So the 3,000 points you’ll earn with this promotion is 20% of the way towards a free night at expensive hotels like the Wyndham Koloa Landing at Poipu Beach Wyndham Grand Resort in Kauai.
Or you can use 3,000 Wyndham points plus cash. For example, the Days Inn Miami Beach-Oceanside costs 3,000 points plus $75 per night.
You can also earn 3 free nights when you sign-up for the Barclays Wyndham card and complete the minimum spending.
3. 4X Points or 4,000 Bonus Points With Chase Southwest Card (Targeted)Deals We Like also writes that Chase is sending special offers to Chase Southwest cardholders.
These deals are targeted. You can only register for 1 offer per cardholder. Sign-up and complete your spending by July 15, 2015, at 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
Here’s a look at the offers:
- 4X Southwest points (up to 10,000 points) on Southwest airlines purchases – Hotel and rental car partners do NOT qualify
- 3,000 Southwest bonus points when you spend $5,000 – Does NOT include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee.
- 4,000 Southwest bonus points when you spend $8,000 – Balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee do NOT qualify.
The best deal for you depends on your spending habits. So do the math to see what works for you!
4. AMEX Offers – $5 iTunes Credit (Targeted)
Via Travel With Grant, you can earn a $5 statement credit when you spend $5 or more at iTunes through August 31, 2015. But enrollment is limited.
These offers are targeted, so check your American Express account. If you’re new to AMEX Offers, see my post for tips on how to register.
iTunes gift cards are NOT eligible. And if you don’t receive your order until after August 31, 2015, you may not get the statement credit.
I don’t have this deal in my AMEX account. But I hope you do!
You should be able save $5 with each AMEX card.
5. Silvercar Coming to Chicago O’Hare
I told you last week that Silvercar will soon be at Fort Lauderdale Airport.Silvercar is a rental car company that rents only silver Audis. Check my review of Silvercar, so you know what to expect.
And there are lots of ways to save on your Silvercar rental:
- One free day with a Chicago reservation of 2 days or more with code ORDFREE (new customers only)
- 15% off Ft. Lauderdale reservations booked on May 15, 2015, with code FLL15 (new customers only)
- Save $25 on your 1st rental if you’re new to Silvercar with my referral link and enter referral code “DDUBASH”. You can stack this deal with the other offers.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)