News You Can Use – Sale on United Airlines Partner Award Flights Ending, 50% Bonus on British Airways Avios Points, & More
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
1. Sale on United Airlines Partner Award Flights to Europe & Asia Through 2015 (Book by Saturday!)Mile Value reports, United Airlines is extending their great sale on Star Alliance award flights to Europe and Asia. But you must book by February 28, 2015, (this Saturday) to get the discount! This sale is good for award travel through December 31, 2015.
United Airlines made changes to their partner award chart in late 2013, which increased the cost of Business Class award flights on partners by ~30%! With this sale you’ll save 2,500 to 12,500 United Airlines miles each way!
Important Terms & Conditions:
- Book a Saver Award to get the discount price
- Changes to your award ticket can cost up to $200
2. Save $20 on Avis Car Rental
Via Fat Wallet, you can buy a $40 Avis Car Rental voucher for $20 on Groupon through February 27, 2015, around midnight Eastern Time. The voucher can be used on rentals within the US (excluding Alaska), Canada, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands through December 31, 2015.
Other Important Terms:
- Your rental must be 2 or more days
- 24 hour advance purchase required
- Voucher good for online bookings only and will NOT be accepted in-person
- Voucher can NOT be applied to existing reservations
That’s because this deal can NOT be combined with any other discounts and you have to book directly through Avis. Plus, you’re likely to save more money on your rental by booking through 3rd party sites listed in my Car Rental series!
It’s also important to note that you typically must pay your car rental bill in full with your credit card in order to get primary or secondary car rental coverage.
3. 50% Bonus When You Buy British Airways Avios PointsEUFlyer writes, when you buy British Airways Avios points through February 25, 2015, at 7:00 pm Eastern Time, (this Wednesday) you’ll get 50% bonus miles.
This is a great way to top off your account, if you want a few British Airways Avios points to book your next award flight. This deal could also save you lots of money on certain flights!
With the 50% bonus, you can buy 9,000 British Airways miles for only $190!
Check out my series on British Airways for tips on how to use your miles!
4. Save 8% When You Book Hotels Through ExpediaTopcashback is currently offering 8% cash back when you book Special Rate hotels through Expedia. There is no specific expiration date, so this deal could end at any time!
5. Visiting New York City? Get Discounted Entertainment!
There are several great ways to save on entertainment in New York City! You can get tickets to Yankees home games for $5 or half price! Individual tickets go on sale to the public starting February 24, 2015, at 10:00 am Eastern Time. Just pay with a Mastercard such as:
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard
- Chase IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®
You can also get 2 for 1 Off-Broadway tickets when you use code “OBW15W” through March 8, 2015.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)