News You Can Use – $45 Hotel Savings, 25% Off Virgin America Flights, File for Target Settlement, Win First Class Flights From Orbitz!
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
1. Hotel Tonight 4th of July Promotion for $30 or $45 Off Bookings
With the Hotel Tonight app, you’ll get $30 off a 2-night booking of $200+ when you use the promotion code “PATRIOT“.
Or you can get $45 off a $250+ booking of 3 or more nights with the promotion code “PRESIDENT“.All bookings are non-refundable, but if you need a last-minute hotel room, this could be a good deal.
2. Get up to $10,000 in the Target Data Breach SettlementDoctor of Credit reports that folks who had their debit or credit information compromised in Target’s 2013 Data Breach can file a settlement claim for up to $10,000.
The claims will be paid from the settlement of 10 million dollars. You can make a claim if:
- You used your debit or credit card at Target from November 27, 2013, to December 18, 2013, for purchases
- You provided your contact information any time before December 18, 2013
- You received a letter with a new debit card from your bank shortly after December 2013 saying your account(s) may have been compromised
See this website for what you can claim as a loss.
3. Ends Today: 15% or 25% Off Virgin America Flights This Summer
Virgin America is running a promotion for 15% or 25% off flights in July and August. But you must book today, July 2, 2015!
Here are the details:
- Must travel between July 14, 2015, and August 29, 2015
- 15% off applies for travel on Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
- 25% off applies for travel on Tuesday and Wednesday
- Sundays are excluded
- Promotion code is only for Main Cabin Select and First Class tickets
- Promotion code is only valid for 1 or 2 people on an itinerary
- 14 day advance purchase is required
If you want a summer vacation, it’s worth checking the prices. Be sure to use a card that will earn bonus points on airfare like:
- Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express (3X AMEX Membership Rewards on airfare booked directly with the airline)
- Chase Sapphire Preferred (2X Chase Ultimate Rewards on travel)
- Citi Prestige (3X Citi ThankYou points on airfare)
4. 25% Off Flying Blue Award Flights from Houston to EuropeFlying Blue is the frequent flyer program of Air France and KLM. They have regular promotions for discounted award flights.
Their newest promotion is on award flights between Houston and Europe.
You must book by July 31, 2015, for travel between September 1, 2015, and October 31, 2015.
You’ll need 18,750 Flying Blue miles for a 1-way coach award flight. This can be a great deal!
Be cautious of added taxes on these award flights. As always, make sure you are getting a good deal before you make the transfer.
5. Orbitz Contest for Marriage Equality
Submit your best photos and videos that show support, or how you celebrate equality.
- Must follow Orbitz on Twitter
- Must include #OrbitzEQUALITYContest hashtag
- Enter by August 31, 2015
If you’re a winner, you’ll get:
- 2 Business Class flights to Europe with hotel stay OR 4 First Class flights within the US with hotel stay for video grand prize
- 2 First Class flights within the US with hotel stay for photo grand prize
Hotel stays are for 3 nights. Orbitz gets to pick the flights and hotel.
Considering all the pride celebrations last weekend, you may have a great photo or video on your phone already. Show your support and win a free trip!
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)