We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
1. Get $15 Back at Staples When You Spend $300 on Mastercard Gift Cards
This is easy free money to spend at Staples! Remember you can use these PIN-enabled MasterCard gift cards to load your Target prepaid REDcard, AMEX Serve, and AMEX Bluebird.
Remember AMEX SimplyCash earns 5% cash back at US office supply stores.
2. At IHG Hotels, Spire Is the New Top Elite Status Level
Link: IHG Spire Announcement
Now, when you stay 75 nights at IHG hotels, or earn 75,000 IHG qualifying reward points, you’ll earn IHG Spire elite status.
New perks of IHG Spire elite status include:
- 100% bonus points on IHG stays
- 25,000 bonus IHG points or ability to gift IHG Platinum elite status
- Complimentary upgrades
The Chase IHG Rewards Club Select Card comes with automatic IHG Platinum elite status, which can get you started toward earning IHG Spire elite status. You’ll also earn 60,000 IHG Rewards points after spending $1,000 on purchases within the 1st 3 months of opening your account.
Remember IHG has quarterly PointBreaks, where you can stay at IHG hotels for only 5,000 IHG points per night.
3. AMEX Offer for $400 Back on $2,000+ at Qantas.com
Thank you to Million Mile Secrets reader, Ted, for telling me about this AMEX Offer!
Through August 15, 2015, get a $400 statement credit to your AMEX card when you spend $2,000+ on tickets at Qantas.com.
Terms and Conditions
- Valid online only at qantas.com
- Valid only on purchases of airfare made at Qantas’ US website
- Enrollment is limited
- Full terms and conditions are here
If you have more than 1 Amex card, you can get the offer multiple times! If you’re planning on buying more than 1 ticket on Qantas, you can save a lot of money with this offer!
4. Get 500 Miles When You Sign-Up for Frontier Airlines’ Frequent Flyer Program
Award flights on Frontier Airlines start at 10,000 Frontier Airlines miles for a 1-way flight in coach. Frontier Airlines’ miles expire after 18 months of NO activity but there are lots of ways to keep them active!
When you sign-up for the Barclays Frontier MasterCard, you’ll earn 40,000 Frontier Airlines miles after spending $500 in purchases in the 1st 90 days of opening your account.
Emily and I don’t earn a commission on this card, but we’ll always tell you about the best deals!
5. New AMEX Centurion Studio Now Open in Seattle
There’s a new AMEX Centurion Studio next to Gate B3 at Seattle’s airport.
From 5:00 am to 10:00 pm daily, you can enjoy:
- Comfortable seats
- Charging stations
- Free Wi-Fi
- Light bites and wine, beer, and artisanal beverages (sounds fancy!)
Let me know which of these deals you like!