News You Can Use – $100 AMEX Credit When You Spend $100 on DIRECTV, Use AMEX Points to Book Paid Flights, and More!
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
1. AMEX Offers: Spend $100 on DIRECTV Get $100 AMEX CreditFrequent Miler posts that AMEX Business cardholders can get a $100 statement credit when they spend $100 or more at DIRECTV in a single transaction.
To get the credit, register your card by January 31, 2015, and make your payment by March 31, 2015.
According to the terms, this offer is only good for DIRECTV Business accounts. But readers have reported getting the credit for making payments on ANY DIRECTV account.
2. Book Flights on United Airlines & American Airlines With AMEX Membership Rewards! (Targeted)
Via Frequent Miler, some AMEX Business cardholders are being targeted for a new PointsMatch promotion. With this offer you can use your AMEX Membership Rewards points to book flights on United Airlines and American Airlines through June 30, 2015.
This could turn out to be an excellent deal for folks who are targeted!
Here’s how it works:
- Find available award seats on your desired United Airlines or American Airlines flight
- Call AMEX with the details
- AMEX will book a paid flight and deduct the miles from your account
AMEX books a paid fight, which means you should still earn miles and elite status credits for your trip! So you’ll get a discount on your flight by earning airline miles back.
Were you targeted? Let us know how you’re taking advantage of this deal!
3. 3,000 Points for Your Next Stay at an IHG Hotel (Targeted)
Via LoyaltyLobby, select IHG Elite status members can get 3,000 IHG points for their next stay at an IHG hotel. To earn the points you must complete your stay within 90 days of registering for the promotion.
This deal is targeted, but folks who aren’t targeted can still sign-up. However, there is no guarantee you will still earn the bonus points.
Also, keep in mind that IHG has been known to shut down accounts when they find folks signing-up for promotions that they weren’t targeted for.
So if you weren’t targeted, register at your own risk!
4. Higher Sign-Up Bonus – 50,000 Points With Citi PrestigeFrequent Miler writes that some folks can now get 50,000 Citi ThankYou points when they sign-up for the Citi Prestige when they spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months. The usual bonus for this card is 30,000 points, so this is a great deal!
The $450 annual fee is NOT waived. But you’ll get a $250 credit every year to use towards airfare.
Just enter your information to find out if you qualify for the increased sign-up bonus.
You can transfer the Citi ThankYou points you earn to airline and hotel partners for Big Travel!
Emily and I don’t get a commission when you sign-up for this targeted version of the card, but we always tell you about the best offers!
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)