We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
1. Starwood Points Bonus
Link: Buy Starwood Points
Through May 31, 2018, you can earn a 35% bonus when you buy Starwood points! Starwood points are good for amazing Starwood and Marriott hotel stays.
But you can also transfer your points to fantastic airline partners, like Air Canada, American Airlines, Delta, and Japan Airlines. So this could be a good way to buy airline miles at a discount!
Plus, when you transfer Starwood points to airlines with a 1:1 transfer ratio in increments of 20,000, you’ll get a bonus 5,000 airline miles!
2. American Airlines Miles Bonus
You can buy American Airlines miles for less through April 28, 2018. This promotion is a tiered bonus, so the more miles you buy, the more bonus miles you’ll get. But you’ll have to buy at least 6,000 miles to trigger a bonus.
Here are the bonuses you’ll get for buying miles:
- Buy 6,000 to 9,000 American Airlines miles = 1,500 bonus miles
- Buy 10,000 to 14,000 American Airlines miles = 3,500 bonus miles
- Buy 15,000 to 19,000 American Airlines miles = 5,000 bonus miles
- Buy 20,000 to 29,000 American Airlines miles = 7,500 bonus miles
- Buy 30,000 to 39,000 American Airlines miles = 15,000 bonus miles
- Buy 40,000 to 54,000 American Airlines miles = 22,500 bonus miles
- Buy 55,000 to 69,000 American Airlines miles = 30,000 bonus miles
- Buy 70,000 to 84,000 American Airlines miles = 40,000 bonus miles
- Buy 85,000 to 99,000 American Airlines miles = 50,000 bonus miles
- Buy 100,000 to 124,000 American Airlines miles = 60,000 bonus miles
- Buy 125,000 to 149,000 American Airlines miles = 75,000 bonus miles
- Buy 150,000 American Airlines miles = 115,000 bonus miles
American Airlines seems to have released a good amount of available award seats on their routes again. So you shouldn’t have an issue redeeming your miles.
Even with this bonus, I do NOT recommend buying miles unless you have a specific award flight in mind. Or if you want to try out Business Class at a discount.
3. United Airlines Miles Bonus
Through April 22, 2018, folks are being targeted for tiered bonuses when buying United Airlines miles. Team member Joseph received a bonus of up to 80%. Sign into your United Airlines account and let me know what your bonus is!
Again, if you don’t have a particular flight in mind, I do NOT recommend buying miles just to have them. Discounts and bonuses come along often. There will be another opportunity soon enough!
4. IHG Points
Link: Buy IHG Points
Through May 31, 2018, you can earn up to an 80% bonus when you buy IHG points. You’ll have to buy at least 5,000 IHG points to get any bonus at all. Here’s what you’ll get:
- Buy 5,000 to 19,000 IHG points = 40% bonus
- Buy 20,000 to 100,000 IHG points = 80% bonus
An 80% bonus means you can pay as little as 0.56 cents per point. That’s a good deal, because you can get much more value per point for a hotel stay, depending on your location.
And remember, you can always “buy” IHG points for ~0.6 points each by using this handy trick. So if you don’t want to jump on this sale, you always have an option for buying IHG points for cheap.