New Offer! Earn 2 (Capped) Free Nights at Marriott Hotels Worldwide!
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
The Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card just received a sign-up bonus reboot.
You’ll receive 2 free night awards (up to a value of 35,000 points each) after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. Sounds like a good deal, yeah?
This new offer isn’t the best we’ve ever seen, but it can still EASILY save you hundreds (even $1,000+) on hotel stays. For example, you could use your 2 free nights for a Switzerland ski trip at the HUUS Hotel in Gstaad! Rooms here can cost $350+ per night during ski season.
The sign-up bonus gives you 2 free nights on hotels costing 35,000 points or less, giving it a maximum value of 70,000 Marriott points. Here’s a reminder of some other cool stuff that comes with the Chase Marriott Premier Plus:
- Free night award (at hotels costing 35,000 Marriott points or less) every year after your account anniversary
- Earn 6 Marriott points per $1 spent at participating Marriott & Starwood hotels
- Earn 2 Marriott points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Automatic Silver Elite Status (20% bonus points on paid stays, late check-out when available)
- Gold Elite Status (25% bonus points on paid stays, lounge access / free breakfast, guaranteed late check-out, room upgrades when available) when you spend $35,000 on purchases each account year
- Starting in 2019, 15 elite night credits each calendar year
- Points in your loyalty account never expire as long as you make a purchase with the card every 24 months
- NO foreign transaction fees
There’s a bit of a downside to this offer, though.
The offer gives you 2 free nights at any Marriott hotel costing 35,000 points or less. Meaning you’ll lose value if you redeem your free nights for hotels costing fewer than 35,000 points.
Because of this, the card’s previous offer was actually better. It came with 75,000 Marriott points instead of 2 free capped nights, so you could stretch the bonus by staying at less costly hotels. Or you could go all-in and get a super fancy deluxe 1-night stay at a 5-star hotel!
We don’t know if that offer will return. But regardless, this current offer is a fantastic deal. You should still have NO trouble saving hundreds with the Chase Marriott Premier Plus bonus.
Let us know what you think! And if this card doesn’t tickle you, check out our top picks for credit cards that earn you free hotel stays.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)