Limited Time: More Ways to Earn Bonus SAS Points!
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Now, via Frequent Miler, there are 2 more ways to earn bonus SAS miles! Both Avis and Best Western are giving bonus miles away. And one of these promotions can be even better than the current Hertz SAS promotion!
I’ll tell you about these other deals, and remind you what you can do with SAS miles!
More Ways to Earn Bonus SAS Miles
Link: Avis SAS Bonus Promotion
You’ll earn 2,500 bonus SAS miles per Avis rental between May and December 2017. Here are the details:
- You must make your reservations by April 30, 2017
- You must pick-up between May 1 and December 31, 2017
- You must rent for at least 24 hours
- You must book through this link
- Not valid for rentals with consecutive rental days (2 back-to-back rentals will count as 1 rental)
- Only valid for rentals in Europe, The Middle East, Africa, Asia, US, Canada, and New Zealand
- Not valid with other discounts or promotions
- You must choose your EuroBonus tier for AWD number
This promotion can be more valuable than the current Hertz promotion. That’s because only Hertz rentals of 3+ days will qualify for a bonus of 5,000 SAS miles. But you can earn the same amount of SAS miles with just 2 days worth of rentals through Avis.
Just remember, 2 rentals back-to-back will only count as 1 rental. So you’ll have to skip a day in between!
2. Best Western
You can earn 1,800 bonus SAS miles per stay booked by April 30, 2017, and completed by May 31, 2017. Here are the details:
- Must book by April 30, 2017
- Must stay by May 31, 2017
- Can only earn points for 1 room per stay, and the SAS member must be staying in that room (you can’t earn SAS miles for booking someone else’s stay)
- You must book through this link
- Check out the full details here
That’s a nice bonus, but it’s likely NOT worth switching your stays to Best Western if you’re enrolled in other valuable hotel promotions.
What Good Are SAS Miles?
Link: SAS Award Chart
Link: SAS Award Rules
You don’t usually hear much about SAS miles, but they can be very useful! For example, when you fly on SAS airplanes, you can fly:
- Between Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Norway, and Sweden for 10,000 SAS miles round-trip
- US to Europe in SAS coach – 60,000 SAS miles round-trip
- US to Europe in SAS Business Class – 100,000 SAS miles round-trip
And kids under 12 years old only pay 50% of these prices! So this could be an amazing opportunity to earn enough points for a family vacation!Note: You can book a one-way ticket for 60% of the round-trip price.
You can also use SAS miles to fly on Star Alliance partners like Singapore Airlines and United Airlines.
You’ll be charged a higher award rate, but it’s still not bad! For example, you can fly from the US to the Middle East in Business Class for just 120,000 SAS miles round-trip, which is 20,000 miles less than American Airlines charges, and 40,000 miles less than United Airlines charges!Read these additional award chart rules so you know what to expect! Note: The child discount of 50% off does NOT apply to partner award flight bookings.
If you have upcoming Avis rentals, or Best Western stays, this is a no-brainer! SAS miles can be very valuable, and even if you don’t think you’ll use them in the near future, you never know when they’ll come in handy.
Will you take advantage of these new SAS promotions?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)